Brandon Beane on Pat McAfee Show

Draconator

So what, in terms of right now, do the Bills need an upgrade on?

DB?

Pass Rusher?

Like most teams, they’ll monitor positions they want and see who’s being made available. 

Can’t see it being another high draft pick. Maybe a later rounder and a player swap?

Either way, I liked Beane’s answer about “as long as Josh is out QB we’re all in”. 

4 hours ago, DC Greg said:

Interesting that he said definitively that Cooper will play Sunday when McD is still trying to play coy about whether or not he gets in the game. 

He's gonna play. I think we all know it. I'm sure he'll have a limited role. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I learned he is still open to making more trades before the deadline. That was good to hear.  I feel like he’s as transparent as he can be under the circumstances.  

He also does a good job answering 12-part questions. Those guys don’t know how to ask a simple question without rambling on and on and asking about three different subjects in the process. 

Better than the local reporters at least. 

Our local guys ask the absolute worst questions you can ever think of. They also somehow answer the question within their question. Like:

”Coach, what did it mean for you to see XYZ player have a breakthrough game and really take leadership of the unit? Can you speak to how happy and proud you are?”

Just brutal.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

So what, in terms of right now, do the Bills need an upgrade on?

DB?

Pass Rusher?

Like most teams, they’ll monitor positions they want and see who’s being made available. 

Can’t see it being another high draft pick. Maybe a later rounder and a player swap?

Either way, I liked Beane’s answer about “as long as Josh is out QB we’re all in”. 

Kicker is a big glaring need but I don't see many teams trading a kicker. I would seriously call up the Panthers and ask about trading a pick for Eddy Pineiro. Outside of that I could see safety being a consideration. But I think McD likes what he has in the secondary. I think the best the Bills can do after meaningfully addressing WR1 is get a kicker, Bass is going to cost this team a game or two if not cost them in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

And blue collar. I don't want to hear that any of these guys have a degree or invested in Nvidia.

I have a fee bucks in Nvidea yesterday was a good day. 

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I didn't even show up the day they fired me

Was you stealing boxes?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Beane lies almsot all the time. The only thing he says you can belive is that he is truthfully always looking to upgrade the roster.

The only other time Beane has told the truth is when he said he made the team worse by trading Diggs.

Comments like these make me wonder about you Ethan.  This is just so dumb it leads me to believe that you’re lying about being a Dr.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

Comments like these make me wonder about you Ethan.  This is just so dumb it leads me to believe that you’re lying about being a Dr.  

Doctors can be dumb.  I had a doctor claiming a foot problem was in my head for he could not find problem.  Next doctor found a cyst size of a golf ball in ankle.  I showed my previous doctor the results, some choice words and said I would not be paying bill.

Edited by Saxum
Corrected.
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Lol...I can separate being a crazy fan and dosing metoprolol...

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

28d11ed7e5af85216d088ca9527c0228d67058b6

7 hours ago, Saxum said:

Doctors can be dumb.  I had a doctor claiming a foot problem was in my head for he could not find problem.  Next doctor found a cyst size of a golf bag in ankle.  I showed my previous doctor the results, some choice words and said I would not be paying bill.

Dam son!!  How big are your ankles???

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Einstein said:

Our local guys ask the absolute worst questions you can ever think of. They also somehow answer the question within their question. Like:

”Coach, what did it mean for you to see XYZ player have a breakthrough game and really take leadership of the unit? Can you speak to how happy and proud you are?”

Just brutal.

Agree. They are atrocious. I have done that job, I know how difficult it is. I spent a season doing Manchester City pressers every week and finding ways to try and cut through the coachspeak. But the questions they ask are way too long and way too vague. Sal M is the worst. Every question is so long with so many sub clauses that you can't remember by the end where it started. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sal Cappacio. Usually waits 4-5 questions in. To ask the most softball / completely irrelevant question.

”coach were you happy with your punter and holder given the conditions ?”

almost always a crowd / fan 

“coach the fans were rocking today , do you feed off that in a 59-3 win ?”

Then he sort of inserts his “analysis “

playing the role of coach 

“coach it looks like they really wanted to attack the edge but it looked like you made some adjustments? Can you talk about that?” (Stat sheet for opposing offense : 300 yards passing , 40 yards rushing) who gives a F

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, balln said:

Sal Cappacio. Usually waits 4-5 questions in. To ask the most softball / completely irrelevant question.

”coach were you happy with your punter and holder given the conditions ?”

almost always a crowd / fan 

“coach the fans were rocking today , do you feed off that in a 59-3 win ?”

Then he sort of inserts his “analysis “

playing the role of coach 

“coach it looks like they really wanted to attack the edge but it looked like you made some adjustments? Can you talk about that?” (Stat sheet for opposing offense : 300 yards passing , 40 yards rushing) who gives a F

But did he tell you how many media members and athletes are his buddies? Regale you with his tales of little loop coaching glory??

15 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Beane lies almsot all the time. The only thing he says you can belive is that he is truthfully always looking to upgrade the roster.

The only other time Beane has told the truth is when he said he made the team worse by trading Diggs.

Your wallowing in your own anxiety with this post Ethan,

try a dry martini  🍸 and a smoke 🚬 you’ll likely feel better, 😁👍

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

Just brutal.

Those questions are the worst, yeah. I assume it’s always because the reporter in question has written about XYZ player in his gamer already and needs a quote to fill in for a placeholder. I understand where they’re coming from in terms of making their job as easy as possible, but there’s a reason I don’t read many gamers any more. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. They are atrocious. I have done that job, I know how difficult it is. I spent a season doing Manchester City pressers every week and finding ways to try and cut through the coachspeak. But the questions they ask are way too long and way too vague. Sal M is the worst. Every question is so long with so many sub clauses that you can't remember by the end where it started. 

It would be refreshing if a reporter asked a question like, what are you going to do about your run defense…, 

short concise and to the point, 😂

of course Sean would ban such a reporter from future PCs, lol,, 

Not that this would ever happen, but…, 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1