The difference between the Bills and Chiefs is Chris Jones.

Allen2Moulds

2 Number 1's for an elite pass rusher?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. 2 Number 1's for an elite pass rusher?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Volatile:

1160 yards, 10 TD, 0 INT

Not-Volatile

1235 yards, 6 TD, 6 INT

Ok.

I'm not talking about a 6 game sample. I'm talking about their careers.

25 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

KC though 5-0 don't look as strong as last year. Reason being IMO is Sneed, not Chris Jones.

Sneed and McDuffie made things real difficult on WRs making it ez for players like Jones to feast on opposing QBs. 

I remember hearing similar last year, yet....

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

One player i have always wanted to see the Bills bring in that i thought could quite possibly be the guy like a Chris Jones and has been available just about every year for the last 3 or 4 is Calais Campbell . The guy is getting up there but he's always been a presence where ever he goes .

When the Bills took Eddy O sure he is a above average good player but under sized for a D linemen and to put him at 287 lbs or so up against some of these O linemen that are on the light side 305 to 310 lbs i don't see how they could have figured he was going to win that much even though he has a fast first step .

I know you have guys like the Vikings legend John Randal which was a little on the lighter side, but at 6' 1" and around the 287 lb mark he was a absolute BEAST ! Maybe the Bills thought they were going to get another Jon Randle in Oliver and Oliver is a good player but he's no JR .

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

All this chat about the Lions trading for a pass rusher to replace Hutchenson, got me thinking, why not us?

Tom Pelissero was asked if I guy like Myles Garret or Maxx Crosby could be had?  His response was, that for the right price, almost anyone can be had.  He stated, that it's his belief that there is only about a total of 12 players in the NFL that are not tradeable, and went on to mention 4 players, as examples (Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, and Jefferson). 

Beane attempted to swing for the fences, when we signed Von, but it was a bit too late.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe he has any more guaranteed money after this year.  Both Von and Diggs will be off the books come next year.  I am also on the fence about resigning Rosseau.  Seems like we will have to overpay, for what we're getting from him.  Rosseau seems like the perfect complementary piece, but has not shown the ability to be the guy,

Would you be willing to trade 2 number ones, if I guy like Max Crosby or Myles Garrett could be had?

I agree about Rousseau.

need to be very diligent with his contract.

two number ones for either Crosby or Garrett is too much, and I’m a huge fan of Garrett.

• Agree 1

No way 

I don’t watch the games and see the biggest issue as a pass rusher

i see

1 McDermott terrible decisions and indecisive

2 Tyler bass potentially missing a crucial field goal in a crucial moment

3. Linebackers 

I don’t care if Dorian has a gazillion tackles he is the weakest link right now and we have a major problem that gets exposed because of him

4 safeties 

hard to figure out who it is but Hamlin is just not strong enough - athletic enough A and doesn’t have instincts enough 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

I actually agree with the OP.  The reason the Chiefs keep winning is their D has an unstoppable guy like Jones.  Despite all the draft picks, we still don’t have that.  Roster wise, that’s the difference.

Edited by peterpan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

No way 

I don’t watch the games and see the biggest issue as a pass rusher

i see

1 McDermott terrible decisions and indecisive

2 Tyler bass potentially missing a crucial field goal in a crucial moment

3. Linebackers 

I don’t care if Dorian has a gazillion tackles he is the weakest link right now and we have a major problem that gets exposed because of him

4 safeties 

hard to figure out who it is but Hamlin is just not strong enough - athletic enough A and doesn’t have instincts enough 

I agree with points three and four.

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

KC though 5-0 don't look as strong as last year. Reason being IMO is Sneed, not Chris Jones.

Sneed and McDuffie made things real difficult on WRs making it ez for players like Jones to feast on opposing QBs. 

They still have a very good defense, and from what I've seen, Chris Jones is still that elite closer.  Hopefully losing Sneed does catch up with them, but I haven't seen it yet.

At this point last year, they were 4-1 with a struggling offense, and a good defense.  Very similar to this year.  Then in the playoffs, their tackles were never called for holding, and they became a dominant unit. Kelce also found the fountain of youth, just in time for the playoffs.  I'll keep my thoughts to myself on that one.   

The major difference this year, is no Rashee Rice, and no Pacheco.  Although Pacheco is expected to be back long before the playoffs.  Let's hope they don't land a major WR before the trade deadline.  

9 minutes ago, Savage said:

I agree with points three and four.

Is this how you feel in the playoffs too?  Big difference between reg season and playoffs.  We can all agree, that our defense is what has kept this team from advancing in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, bills_fan said:

In the playoff game last year, Jones crashed the pocket and hit Allen's arm causing the pass to Shakir (who was wide open in the middle of the field) to fail.  It was the second down play preceding the missed FG to tie the Chiefs.

Not to get all technical, but Allen’s arm wasn’t hit. What happened is Chris Jones bull rushed Dawkins and Dawkins stepped on Josh’s foot as he was releasing the pass. Prevented him from getting the torque he needed to complete the pass. Jones has a habit of coming up big when the Chiefs need him. He’s done it more than three times against the Bills, Bengals, and 49ers.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I am also on the fence about resigning Rosseau.  Seems like we will have to overpay, for what we're getting from him.  Rosseau seems like the perfect complementary piece, but has not shown the ability to be the guy,

I'm not on the fence at all. We need to resign Rousseau after the season.  Too inconsistent.

Sounds like it’s time to knee cap Chris Jones, am I right or am I right? 

The best version of the modern era Bills was the 2022 squad prior to Von Miller’s injury.  They were the best team in the league with a gap between them and anyone else.  They had absolute studs in Allen, Von, Diggs, and White.  That team could just line up and kick your ass, not because they had no weaknesses but because their elite talent could simply take over games.

There were two conclusions that could have been drawn from that season.  One was that the team should try to load up on superstars.  The other was that the team shouldn’t have put so many eggs into so few baskets.  Beane chose the latter.  Now Josh is the only truly elite player on the roster, and they’re back to their old ways of beating lesser teams to a pulp while struggling against legit contenders.

Keon Coleman is a perfectly good player, and he’s going to have a 10 year NFL career.  If there’s some trait that he posseses that says he’s going to develop into a superstar, I’m missing it.  Xavier Worthy is a twig.  It is entirely possible that he won’t hold up physically in the league.  But unless and until that happens, he is absolutely electric, and every single Defensive Coordinator is forced to adjust his game plan to account for the possibility that he could score from anywhere on the field at any given time.  

Brandon Beane passed on Worthy for Coleman because he was more worried about recouping the third round pick he traded away mid-season for a 30 year old CB (despite drafting a CB in the first round in 2022) than he was with finding a superstar in the first round.  Now he’s traded a third round pick for a 30 year old WR (despite drafting a WR with his first pick in 2024).

There is an alternate universe in which people talk about the 2022 Bills championship season saying that Von was unblockble, Tre was lockdown, and the Allen to Diggs combination was unstoppable.  I simply can’t envision anyone ever looking back at the 2024 postseason saying that Keon Coleman and Amari Cooper were unguardable or that Rasul Douglas erased every elite WR he lined up against. This team is built to win the AFC East.  It’s not built to win four straight games against the Texans, Ravens, Chiefs, and 49ers.  The difference between the Bills and the Chiefs is Chris Jones…and Travis Kelce, and Trent McDuffie, and Rashee Rice and maybe Xavier Worthy.  The Amaris and Jujus and Rasul Douglases and Kareem Hunts are important, but you can’t give up big time draft assets to backfill your roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

All this chat about the Lions trading for a pass rusher to replace Hutchenson, got me thinking, why not us?

Tom Pelissero was asked if I guy like Myles Garret or Maxx Crosby could be had?  His response was, that for the right price, almost anyone can be had.  He stated, that it's his belief that there is only about a total of 12 players in the NFL that are not tradeable, and went on to mention 4 players, as examples (Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, and Jefferson). 

Beane attempted to swing for the fences, when we signed Von, but it was a bit too late.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe he has any more guaranteed money after this year.  Both Von and Diggs will be off the books come next year.  I am also on the fence about resigning Rosseau.  Seems like we will have to overpay, for what we're getting from him.  Rosseau seems like the perfect complementary piece, but has not shown the ability to be the guy,

Would you be willing to trade 2 number ones, if I guy like Max Crosby or Myles Garrett could be had?

I am willing to let the Jets give up two #1 picks for one of them.  Nothing I would like better for the Jets to not make the playoffs this year and be in draft and cap hell for several years to come.