The difference between the Bills and Chiefs is Chris Jones.

Allen2Moulds

2 Number 1's for an elite pass rusher?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. 2 Number 1's for an elite pass rusher?

• Yes
    • No

All this chat about the Lions trading for a pass rusher to replace Hutchenson, got me thinking, why not us?

Tom Pelissero was asked if I guy like Myles Garret or Maxx Crosby could be had?  His response was, that for the right price, almost anyone can be had.  He stated, that it's his belief that there is only about a total of 12 players in the NFL that are not tradeable, and went on to mention 4 players, as examples (Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, and Jefferson). 

Beane attempted to swing for the fences, when we signed Von, but it was a bit too late.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe he has any more guaranteed money after this year.  Both Von and Diggs will be off the books come next year.  I am also on the fence about resigning Rosseau.  Seems like we will have to overpay, for what we're getting from him.  Rosseau seems like the perfect complementary piece, but has not shown the ability to be the guy,

Would you be willing to trade 2 number ones, if I guy like Max Crosby or Myles Garrett could be had?

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

How about after we draft an excellent DE like Epenesa we tell our idiot coach and training staff not put him on a starvation diet for the first couple of years of his career? How about that?

Or how about dropping him and Rousseau back in coverage on the last 2 plays of the game?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You swing for the fences when you have a team just one player away.  

Here i don't think just one player does it.  The Von year, yes.

We're rebuilding a tad.   I'd swing for the fences in a year we really think we can win a SB.

• Like (+1) 1

It's hard to find a player that makes key plays late in the 4th quarter in big games.  Chiefs have 2 players that do that in Mahomes and Jones, Bills only have 1. That IS the difference, but there is no way of knowing how a player we trade for will be in that role...theoretically, Von should be that player for us as he has been throughout his career.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

You swing for the fences when you have a team just one player away.  

Here i don't think just one player does it.  The Von year, yes.

We're rebuilding a tad.   I'd swing for the fences in a year we really think we can win a SB.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of competition in the AFC this year........KC, Ravens and Houston, that's about it.

This might be a good year to try to make a run.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Actually, the difference is a certain man who looks like a giant walrus.

Bingo. I was thinking Craig Stadler but then again they called him the walrus...  we got the egg man LOL 

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Including Walsh - Montana.

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Intriguing

I'd say it's Andy Reid + Pat Mahomes  > any HC QB combo in league history besides BB and TB 

I think we can all agree, that love him or hate him, McDermott isn't going anywhere.  Pre-Von injury, we got a taste of what our defense could look like with an elite pass rusher.

Chris Jones has been the best player on the Chiefs for the last little while. And he should have won MVP in the playoffs last year. I would gladly trade 3 first rounders for him if he could keep this level of play up for a few more years. 

I think it's important to note that the Chiefs offense has not been all that great going back to last year and they've been winning predominantly due to a strong defense. Andy Reid is a genius, but that shows you that a great scheme without talent isn't enough.

• Like (+1) 2

This is interesting because, generally, it comes down to very few plays between KC and Buf. Jones is a wrecker. 

I was hopeful Groot was going to become unstoppable, but he has been seemingly lowering his next contract number every week. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I think we can all agree, that love him or hate him, McDermott isn't going anywhere.  Pre-Von injury, we got a taste of what our defense could look like with an elite pass rusher.

Von was lookin good this year too I guess we’ll see what happens post suspension.  

• Agree 1