Trade Deadline

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

I think getting Milano back, potentially adding Hyde down the stretch and the development of Carter are all things that will help us against Baltimore.  

We were down some big time defensive players in that game a few weeks ago who have since returned to the lineup as well. 

So, I think, as it stands.. our defense would fare much better against them now, than they did Week 4.

But you’re correct, a big, talented DT is probably the move to make.. but teams aren’t typically very eager to trade guys like that.. and their contracts aren’t typically ones that can be easily absorbed. 

Another talented DT (Jeffrey Simmons). Smoot and Groot at DE will slow that Ravens run game. Ravens screen game has been tough as well. Let Hyde retire in peace 

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure White helps. He’s been benched in Philly, and wouldn’t get on the field ahead of Bernard or Williams. Plus we have Milano returning at some point (hopefully). 

The only way it makes any sense is if Bernard went down with something serious. Can’t see McD bringing in a LB to start short term. He’d probably just go with Spector or Andreeson. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/18/2024 at 10:01 AM, Warriorspikes51 said:

What would be a fair offer for Garrett?

2025 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th

2026 1st

Are you trying to trade for Justin Herbert?  This is insane.  Not a player in the NFL worth this other than maybe a few QBs.  

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Are you trying to trade for Justin Herbert?  This is insane.  Not a player in the NFL worth this other than maybe a few QBs.  

That may not be enough. The conversation starts with 2 1sts and more. The Bills having a late 1st puts them in position where they may have to add a 2nd.

I don’t think Garrett is a realistic target but that’s the price if he moves. They absolutely will get multiple 1sts. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That may not be enough. The conversation starts with 2 1sts and more. The Bills having a late 1st puts them in position where they may have to add a 2nd.

I don’t think Garrett is a realistic target but that’s the price if he moves. They absolutely will get multiple 1sts. 

2 firsts, a 2nd, a 4th and a 6th may not be enough for a guy who needs surgery this offseason who isn't a QB?  And you think it may not be enough?  Not only will he not go for more than that, but even that much is far fetched.  If the Browns fleece someone for that, then kudos to them.  

Question...can you think of another in season trade for a vet that netted that much compensation?  I honestly can't, doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but I can't think of any non QB going for that much in trade during a season.

People do over estimate trade values all the time though.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-giants-to-waive-boogie-basham

Don't even have to trade for him.  Does he offer more than casey toohill.  Probably not.  

was a bad/perhaps Bean's worst, draft pick.  But I found this interesting: "He also had two sacks in four postseason outings in Buffalo."  

Glad Beane made the move for Amare last week. Aiyuk and Godwin injuries will create a bidding war for Hopkins. 

Just now, RyanC883 said:

was a bad/perhaps Bean's worst, draft pick.  But I found this interesting: "He also had two sacks in four postseason outings in Buffalo."  

Elam has two post season INTs too. Crazy stuff sometimes 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Not sure White helps. He’s been benched in Philly, and wouldn’t get on the field ahead of Bernard or Williams. Plus we have Milano returning at some point (hopefully). 

The only way it makes any sense is if Bernard went down with something serious. Can’t see McD bringing in a LB to start short term. He’d probably just go with Spector or Andreeson. 

Isn't he a UFA now?  He's still only 26 and is a pretty good blitzing LB with 18 takeaways 

I would absolutely like bringing him in 

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Josh Allen!

Now a deal with Jacksonville for him would be incredible.  A change of scenery could do him well.   17.5 sacks last year.  Only 2.5 this season

That said, his contract is virtually untradeable for Jacksonville 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Rams reportedly looking to trade Kupp.  

Will take on salary for a 2nd Round Pick. 

I would do a Kupp trade just for how well he would fit with the offensive concepts. But he has been hurt quite a bit and is on the downturn. I am not sure I do a second. Maybe a second for a 4th and Kupp. JMO

• Agree 1