Trade Deadline

Hotdog water

Here is a very good article detailing the positions and options for the Bills to fill in a few gaps prior to the deadline.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/3-changes-the-bills-need-to-make-to-stay-on-top-of-the-afc-east/ar-AA1srWpf?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=eae046d637ab44bb9f412f6c0c2a425c&ei=34

Cisco and a DL would be my top two choices.  We have LBs coming back.  

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Here is a very good article detailing the positions and options for the Bills to fill in a few gaps prior to the deadline.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/3-changes-the-bills-need-to-make-to-stay-on-top-of-the-afc-east/ar-AA1srWpf?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=eae046d637ab44bb9f412f6c0c2a425c&ei=34

Cisco and a DL would be my top two choices.  We have LBs coming back.  

Seems like it’s written by a guy who has not watched the Bills this year…”Terrell Bernard, when healthy, has played decently at times” 😀

22 hours ago, mathja said:

There isn’t a player in the league that would have as big an impact on the Bills as Dexter Lawrence would. 

The time to get Dexter Lawrence was in the 2019 NFL draft, but Beane preferred to anchor his D-line with lil’ Ed.

13 hours ago, SCBills said:

Someone convince me that Maxx Crosby can be classified as the LB Jordan Schultz is talking about..

acquiring team I believe takes on $16 million this year and since Raiders won’t eat $ it won’t be us.

Mike Williams via trade would be 832k

would we take a flyer on him getting healthier for later in the season? 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

acquiring team I believe takes on $16 million this year and since Raiders won’t eat $ it won’t be us.

Mike Williams via trade would be 832k

would we take a flyer on him getting healthier for later in the season? 

I’m definitely dreaming here, as I’d be shocked if he’s traded, but if Crosby forces his way out, what teams can take on that cap hit in-season?  Not too many he’d be willing to go to, outside of Detroit… which obviously seems like a logical spot. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I’m definitely dreaming here, as I’d be shocked if he’s traded, but if Crosby forces his way out, what teams can take on that cap hit in-season?  Not too many he’d be willing to go to, outside of Detroit… which obviously seems like a logical spot. 

Can we dump Knox, bass, Von to make up the cap hit?

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

🚨  Myles Garrett via trade is $806k !!!

GET THE BROWNS BACK ON THE PHONE

Eddie Murphy What GIF by Laff

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

What would be a fair offer for Garrett?

2025 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th

2026 1st

Not sure it would take that much... 

2025 1st , Rousseau or Elam or even both... 

2026 2nd

2025 1st 4th 6th

2026 2nd

• Disagree 2

6 minutes ago, JP51 said:

Not sure it would take that much... 

2025 1st , Rousseau or Elam or even both... 

2026 2nd

2025 1st 4th 6th

2026 2nd

Would prefer to keep Rousseau because of his run stopping and ascending pass rush.   
Although, if we had to trade Greg in the deal....Javon Solomon has looked promising already

If Von isn't suspended further and keeps playing how he was, our Edge rotation with Garrett would be good enough to win the SB 

2025 1st, 2nd, 6th
2026 1st, 3rd

I'd do it.  Garrett has 2 more years on his deal at reasonable #'s for what he is. 

• Vomit 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Absolutely no way am I giving up that much for yet another D Lineman. No way! 

I get the notion....but the player is one of the best defenders in the league and would make our defense a real handful. 

Consistent pressure only rushing 4....

I wouldn't think they would trade him,  but there have been rumors and Spotrac doesn't waste time posting #'s of players upon trade unless there's at least a real possibility. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I get the notion....but the player is one of the best defenders in the league and would make our defense a real handful. 

Consistent pressure only rushing 4....

Yrs, I’m sure he’d contribute, but the minute he gets hurt, the franchise is absolutely screwed. So….no way.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yrs, I’m sure he’d contribute, but the minute he gets hurt, the franchise is absolutely screwed. So….no way.

Why? Because we traded a couple picks in the 25-32 range  for an All-Pro  DPOY ? 

Take a risk 

Our drafting record with 1st and 2nd rounders under this regime isn't exactly great. 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Would prefer to keep Rousseau because of his run stopping and ascending pass rush.   
Although, if we had to trade Greg in the deal....Javon Solomon has looked promising already

If Von isn't suspended further and keeps playing how he was, our Edge rotation with Garrett would be good enough to win the SB 

2025 1st, 2nd, 6th
2026 1st, 3rd

I'd do it.  Garrett has 2 more years on his deal at reasonable #'s for what he is. 

I agree and I am no GM truth is I have no clue if this is too much or the Browns laugh us off... in the end getting a premier game wrecker on D is on my agenda. Makes everyone else better. No one we have with maaaaaybe the exception of Milano on D does that... and he isnt here. 

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

🚨  Myles Garrett via trade is $806k !!!

GET THE BROWNS BACK ON THE PHONE

I understand the proverbial trade high we are still experiencing, however I don't think there is any way CLE is going to eat that much deadcap unless you agree to fund their new dome stadium.