Trade Deadline

Hotdog water

I do hope we make another significant move or two, even if we pay a somewhat high price in regards to which picks we give. I think things are shaping up in a way where we arguably have an even better chance than the last 2 or even 3 years to go all the way.

There's a very real possibility we are 7-2 before the trade deadline, and depending on how other games shake out, it's also very possible we are the 2 or 3 seed. I think in that circumstance you have to absolutely go balls to the wall and do whatever you can to put the team over the top. With how garbage a lot of the AFC is this year, it's becoming more and more likely that this season comes down to a playoff matchup against the Chiefs or the Ravens. Again, I know it's early and anything can happen, but as the weeks go by and I'm seeing how the rest of the league is performing, I'm getting extremely excited at what the Bills can possibly do.

3 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

It takes two to tango. I don’t think KC would accept the 5th round pick we’d offer. 

That’s seems like an overpay on our part. Have you seen Mahomes cap hit?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

I think you missed my point. They don't use two TEs already. They don't use the gadget guy they got already. Why would swapping one TE we don't use for another we won't use be better?

Did I mention over had a few beers

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Exactly this. He was using it as an example in which he was essentially saying that he has open dialogue with teams throughout the year every season and how trades come about. There's probably a 100+ conversations regarding players that are never reported as available and we don't know about to every 1 player that is traded. I wouldn't read into that as "ooh! Another trade is definitely coming!". Beane is always working the phone.

8 hours ago, Hotdog water said:

Are there other trades out there that we should be considering? Myles Garrett perhaps? Who should be on our radar?

Myles Garrett isn't happening. Cooper happened bc there was a need and we could afford it.

At DE - with Rousseau being Rousseau (and needing an extension soon), what we paid Epenesa to retain him this offseason and how he performed on Monday, Von Miller exceeding expectations and returning in a couple weeks, Smoot signed this offseason and performing well when called upon - I don't see Beane seeing it as a need worthy of giving up either the compensation it would cost. Even if we had the money to pay him, which we don't.

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Any of Budda Baker,  a surprise pass rusher,  I'd still be looking at WR's as well 

Everyone feel free to look at quality Edges and Safeties on weaker teams who have low cap hits in a trade 

I'd definitely be here for Budda Baker. Love him as a player. However, just like Edge, I'd be surprised (albeitly pleasantly) if we made a move like that at that position.

Idk what the remainder of his contract would be this season. But he's on his 5th year option as a 1st Round Pick. It's a 14.2m base salary and a 19m cap hit. Even if it's half of that - that's still way too much than we can take on.

Especially since we did SO much to the Safety position this offseason. Re-signing Taylor Rapp and Cam Lewis, spending Pick 60 on Cole Bishop, signing Mike Edwards, signing Kareem Jackson and former 1st Round Pick Lewis Cine just before the start of the season and having both on the Practice Squad right now.

I feel like Damar Hamlin is in the position he's in just because Cole Bishop and Mike Edwards missed all of the Offseason and Kareem Jackson came in so late. If/when he needs to be replaced, one of Cole Bishop, Mike Edwards, Kareem Jackson, or Lewis Cine will be up to speed and ready to step in as an upgrade - without having to spend a Draft Pick or a dime.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

8 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Actually, Beane just said in his presser that if another player comes along that would 1) fit what the team needs, that would 2) fit within the cap constraints and that would 3) meke sense for the Bills, he'd be making more moves.

How many deals would check all 3 boxes?

Rhetorical question…