Trade Deadline

Hotdog water

Not Bills related but Lions looking to add DL after what happened to Hutchinson

Jeremy Fowler on X: "The #Lions have checked in on the Haason Reddick situation, per source. Could just be diligence. But Dan Campbell promised that GM Brad Holmes is doing his homework and that appears to be the case here." / X

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Hotdog water said:

Wow, serious question flooded with sarcastic responses. No problem.

Perhaps if you put more than 6 seconds of effort into starting a thread, you'd get more than 6 seconds of effort in response. <_<

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Make no mistake about it, we still have holes on this team.  Cooper was nice, but I don't believe we have a WR2 on this team.  Shakir is a nice WR3 and Coleman can probably be a nice WR4.  But, ideally we need another guy to round out the group.  But that is probably going to be pretty difficult to find right now.

Stop me if you have heard this before, but we could use a better pass rush.  Same story, different year.

But, if I had my way and I could only get one thing, I would be looking for a big beefy run stuffing anchor for the middle of the defense.  Our smaller, athletic guys are fine for the most part when playing against passing teams, but we constantly get blown off the ball with heavy running teams.  I just want a huge space eating monster to shut down the run in the middle.

3 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Make no mistake about it, we still have holes on this team.  Cooper was nice, but I don't believe we have a WR2 on this team.  Shakir is a nice WR3 and Coleman can probably be a nice WR4.  But, ideally we need another guy to round out the group.  But that is probably going to be pretty difficult to find right now.

Stop me if you have heard this before, but we could use a better pass rush.  Same story, different year.

But, if I had my way and I could only get one thing, I would be looking for a big beefy run stuffing anchor for the middle of the defense.  Our smaller, athletic guys are fine for the most part when playing against passing teams, but we constantly get blown off the ball with heavy running teams.  I just want a huge space eating monster to shut down the run in the middle.

What about the Giants. They seem to have a pretty good DL and guys who can get to the QB. They are 2-4 now. Another loss or two and they could be sellers. I wonder if the Bills and Giants could work out a deal. Beane and Schoen have history with their time in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

People on here can suck bro. 

Beane was just talking today about adding more talent via trade. 

Kick rocks, internet trolls 🙃

A depth piece, nobody here would be against that. 

Myles Garrett like the OP suggested? Not going to happen this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

If a team was interested in Von Miller's services, I'd be interested in listening to those proposals.  I'd be ok giving his snaps to Solomon or another young player.  

I'd be interested in a player like Azeez Ojulari from the GIants at end or safety Quandre Diggs from the Titans.

If I was looking at kickers, Nick Folk would be the one I'd focus on in a trade.  He'd get you through the rest of this season at minimum.

Given our limited cap space and that we just acquired Cooper I'd say our trade deadline wish-list look like this

1) Safety

2) Run stuffing DT

3) Depth players we can acquire cheaply

I don't have any particular players in mind and honestly my money would be on Beane not making another trade during this season. 

We need a new kicker as well, but we're going to sign some UFA not trade for one. 

If we somehow did get Garrett, the OP would have one of the biggest dunk opportunities in the history of this site

34 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

We need to acquire Josh Allen from the Jags so that we have a Josh Allen on both sides of the ball.  

This does eventually need to happen. It has to.

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills still have needs if the right player becomes available. They still could use another WR on the outside. They could use a safety. Hamlin isn’t the guy. Maybe they try Bishop or Edwards there but need to do something. They could also add a big run stuffing DT. I fear that they don’t know what to do with those guys. I saw Linval Joseph and Poona Ford both filling that role on other teams this year. A big space eater would be nice. There is always a need for pass rush if they can get an inexpensive part time player. Maybe Solomon can grow into that? A backup QB would be nice but that might be an offseason move. We’ve had worse than Mitch. Kicker is the other thing on the list. It’s difficult at this point to have confidence in T Bass.

In no particular order the needs are: boundary WR, S, space rating DT, backup QB, pass rush and kicker. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

4 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

If we somehow did get Garrett, the OP would have one of the biggest dunk opportunities in the history of this site

A trade of Garrett is already being speculated about in Cleveland. He will be 29 next month and the Browns might need to blow things up. A lot would depend on return and I would remind people that he’s the reigning DPOY. He wouldn’t be cheap. I thought a Cooper trade out of Cleveland was more likely than not. I’d go the other way on Garrett as of today, but it’s not out of the question as I think things in Cleveland only get worse. Fans are praying that Goodell suspends Watson again so they can void his guarantees and cut him.

• Like (+1) 1