Trade Deadline

10 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

I don't know what's going on with him the the Giants but why doesn't he "fit" their plans? He's only 24 and has 4 sacks thus far. Why let him go?

They need a QB & that may require draft capital. 

They already have young/prime players to pay on the DL in Thibodeaux, Burns and Lawrence.  Are they planning on paying Ojulari too?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Would love the Bills to acquire an impactful S but envision they are playing the long game at the position. Budda Baker doesn’t seem realistic with AZ only one game out of the division lead. 

Curious if they make any other moves but if they could land Garrett, I don’t know how you pass him up unless the asking price is ridiculous. It immediately takes a position of need off the draft board. Might be cheaper options available though.

Edited by TFBillsfan

7 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Would love the Bills to acquire an impactful S but envision they are playing the long game at the position. Budda Baker doesn’t seem realistic with AZ only one game out of the division lead. 

Curious if they make any other moves but if they could land Garrett, I don’t know how you pass him up unless the asking price is ridiculous. It immediately takes a position of need off the draft board. Might be cheaper options available though.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Would love the Bills to acquire an impactful S but envision they are playing the long game at the position. Budda Baker doesn’t seem realistic which AZ only one game out of the division lead. 

Curious if they make any other moves but if they could land Garrett, I don’t know how you pass him up unless the asking price is ridiculous. It immediately takes a position of need off the draft board. 

I was hoping they’d lose Monday night against the Chargers if they are indeed entertaining calls for Budda. Sadly it didn’t happen. He’s a stud but with the production he’s having for that defense already this year I don’t think they give him up for anything less than a 3rd rounder. You’d presumably then have to give him a new deal to boot?

If we are going safety I’d like to see if Richie Grant from the Falcons is available. He was awesome next to JB3 last year and the arrival of Simmons has caused him to be out of the starting role. 

Failing that, what about Eddie Jackson? Doubt Baltimore trade him anyway. Especially to someone they’ll have a chance to compete against deep in the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

No f-ing *****. Are they entertaining calls on him???

Hes been a solid starter for that defense since drafted. Loved his game @ LSU too. 

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Brad Stainbrook on X: "The Baltimore Ravens, Detroit Lions, and Washington Commanders are just a few of the teams who have talked with the Cleveland #Browns regarding DE Za'darius Smith, per a league source. https://t.co/wfhSGh8P4d" / X

Thanks Gregg. Would think he goes to Detroit or Baltimore. Baltimore might be the one given the history there. He’s always spoken fondly of Harbaugh as a coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Rousseau and 2 firsts?  That would be insane.  Rousseau and a 3rd.

I have no idea what Rousseau’s value is before his new contract. I don’t think it’s beyond a 3rd or 4th on his own. Rousseau and a 3rd isn’t in the realm of what Garrett will go for. Rousseau, a 1 and, a 3 isn’t enough imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Darnold is 5th in TD's and about to get Hockenson now too as another weapon and he is 7th in QBR.  Both stats are significantly better than Stafford this year and he is a fraction of the cost, not to mention the draft pick compensation cost too.  

Not sure why the Vikings would do this, I mean they have 1 loss right now.  

Because despite all of that, Stafford is much better QB and we all know that?

• Agree 1

Just now, KingBoots8 said:

Shoulsnt say this but Baker always stood out to me on the Fish’s defensive units, liked his game there and in college @ Ohio

Wonder why they’re dumping him for Jones4

7 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

We seem to have three young swing tackles with starter potential where a lot teams have a quessenberry.  Wouldn’t mind swapping one out for a high ceiling durable thumper linebacker. 

Or a run stopping DT for when we play KC and then Baltimore again.

3 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

position of need off the draft board and you can let Rosseau walk and not have to pay him the 18-20M he will likely get after next season. Plus you get a comp pick.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Fair. I’m not sure that he will get that (although he might). I’ve kind of been a little all over in terms of what he will get. It will be 2 firsts plus a little more. If I had to guess they will want a young, starter as a part of it too.

It doesn’t seem like something that the Bills would do, but maybe something like Rousseau and 2 firsts or Elam, 2 firsts, a 3rd & 5th? I don’t know the other teams well enough to know what they may include so this is my Bills example. The Bills would not have to make a decision on a big extension for Rousseau that may or may not be a good idea. The Browns would get 2 firsts and a young pass rusher with upside. With Elam, you’re buying low on a guy that has flashed and has talent. I still think other teams have bigger packages to offer. Garrett and Crosby are “all in” moves for someone. Bears? Lions? Jets 😂😂?

Yeah I agree it may be too rich for Beane, but I would hope he would at least check in on Myles and see what’s what at least.  Landing Myles or Maxx would put us in the drivers seat for the SB out of the AFC IMHO.  But I know it’s a long shot

And I think you’re right about Bears and Lions being legit spots for either.  

3 hours ago, Bigvinny said:

Thanks for posting this - nice to see some realistic targets floated about.  With the exception of Honey Badger, I basically have no idea who any of these guys are, but that doesn't mean much.  My days of following non-fantasy players on other teams are long gone and I'm not wistful about them.

As for Mathieu himself, I don't think the Saints would consider trading him.  He's an LSU legend and immensely popular with the fanbase.  Even when the team stinks, they still need to sell tickets and merch, and he's probably the #2 draw on the team right now after Kamara.  I don't think they'd part with him for anything short of a massive overpay.  (If I'm wrong, then by all means, Beane should go get him.)