Trade Deadline

43 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Would honestly be hilarious.

That's the kind of unforced error that can derail the mojo of a good season there with a team that is wildly exceeding expectations.  

I also wouldn't want that Stafford salary for at minimum, 2025 and 2026 and Stafford hanging over the development of my first round draft pick.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Isn't he a UFA now?  He's still only 26 and is a pretty good blitzing LB with 18 takeaways 

I would absolutely like bringing him in 

So why?  Hasn't played since 14th game last year and couldn't beat out backups in PHL or TB.  

Likes the NFL lifestyle but not playing football anymore per reports from PHL and TB.  Not an OBD profile.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mat68 said:

Cam Kurl or Bryon Young I would ask about.  Plug and play safety and edge both younger.  

No way they trade either of them bro. 

They just signed Curl and drafted Young last year; dude put up strong production. 

Him and Verse are a great pairing for the future. 

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

was a bad/perhaps Bean's worst, draft pick.  But I found this interesting: "He also had two sacks in four postseason outings in Buffalo."  

possibly.  

He has the size at end to upgrade over toohill vs the run I feel like but it seems smoot has that role.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Sojourner said:

No way they trade either of them bro. 

They just signed Curl and drafted Young last year; dude put up strong production. 

Him and Verse are a great pairing for the future. 

When a team is fishing for picks you gotta see how desperate they are.  I understand both are not who they are looking to move.  Putting it out there they will eat money for a 2nd seems pretty desperate.  

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

When a team is fishing for picks you gotta see how desperate they are.  I understand both are not who they are looking to move.  Putting it out there they will eat money for a 2nd seems pretty desperate.  

That’s a good point but, and I could be wrong, just don’t see it for those guys. 

You’re talking 2 players who are 25 and 26. Productive at their position and clearly building blocks for their future. That Rams team isn’t blowing it up by any means, it just looks like they’re ready to move on from an aging and injured receiver and, if the reports are correct with Stafford, an aging QB. 

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Would honestly be hilarious.

Darnold is 5th in TD's and about to get Hockenson now too as another weapon and he is 7th in QBR.  Both stats are significantly better than Stafford this year and he is a fraction of the cost, not to mention the draft pick compensation cost too.  

Not sure why the Vikings would do this, I mean they have 1 loss right now.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

more realistic than Myles Garrett and still impactful 

I previously mentioned Za’Darius Smith as an option at DE. All I can add to what I said before is that there are now multiple teams talking to Cleveland about trading for him. The interwebs say that Detroit is in on him. He also seems to want to go there so he can play against his former team, the Vikings. 

Would love to see an LB get in here-I really don't think Milano will be impactful when he returns and after last year - was hoping to have some quality depth-there has to be someone better than Spector- get a DT as well- I have no suggestions on who though

Hyde back mid November for quality depth maybe even starter since apparently Edwards is shot-