Trade Deadline

43 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I would do a Kupp trade just for how well he would fit with the offensive concepts. But he has been hurt quite a bit and is on the downturn. I am not sure I do a second. Maybe a second for a 4th and Kupp. JMO

Might be like adding a different version of Beasley.   If we knew he could stay on the field, would be a great acquisition 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Would honestly be hilarious.

Doesn't that twitter account just post nonsense all the time?

I think I have him blocked because of the amount people push his stuff and how stupid it usually is.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

2 firsts, a 2nd, a 4th and a 6th may not be enough for a guy who needs surgery this offseason who isn't a QB?  And you think it may not be enough?  Not only will he not go for more than that, but even that much is far fetched.  If the Browns fleece someone for that, then kudos to them.  

Question...can you think of another in season trade for a vet that netter that much compensation?  I honestly can't, doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but I can't think of any non QB going for that much in trade during a season.

People do over estimate trade values all the time though.

I think you're right, but we gave up some serious stock for Cornelius Bennett if memory serves.

But Garrett shouldn't get anything close to that in return.

8 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Doesn't that twitter account just post nonsense all the time?

I think I have him blocked because of the amount people push his stuff and how stupid it usually is.

Looks like they've posted a lot of legit trade updates as well as run of the mill football commentary, so it seems valid.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

I think you're right, but we gave up some serious stock for Cornelius Bennett if memory serves.

But Garrett shouldn't get anything close to that in return.

Two firsts, a second, and Greg Bell. It was a 3 way deal though. The Colts ended up with Eric Dickerson and the Rams got all the draft choices and Bell and another guy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Two firsts, a second, and Greg Bell. It was a 3 way deal though. The Colts ended up with Eric Dickerson and the Rams got all the draft choices and Bell and another guy.

Ah, that's right. And I think the rams got a bunch of duds like Aaron Cox and such.

1 minute ago, balln said:

Go trade your 4th for the rams for cooper kupp.

if it’s for a 2nd - it’s kupp and a defender  and getting Samuel back 

we'll need them to eat most of his remaining salary for this year, so it would be a 2nd 

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Cupp may be available for a 2nd with the Rams retaining some salary per PFT.  He'd be insanely good on that Chiefs team...

This is about 25% of the reason I want us to acquire him 

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

Ah, that's right. And I think the rams got a bunch of duds like Aaron Cox and such.

In theory, the Rams should have become the Cowboys with that trade. They got 3 #1s, 3 #2s and a decent RB in Bell who had very much worn out his welcome in exchange for Dickerson who was already nearing the cliff. He had two good seasons with the Colts and then was basically done.

Edit- I know we hated Bell here but he ran for 1k yards as a Ram as many times as Dickerson did for the Colts and had 31 TDs in his first two years as a Ram which is more than Dickerson had in his entire Colt career.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, balln said:

Go trade your 4th for the rams for cooper kupp.

if it’s for a 2nd - it’s kupp and a defender  and getting Samuel back 

Wonder if they would trade the Safety Lake in that deal? 

They would still have Kinchens and McCullough, even though rookies, to pair with Kamryn Curl. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So are there any legit rumors/links between the Bills and any specific players ahead of trade deadline?  Or is this all everyone just throwing names out they hope we would look into?

Jordan Schultz mentioned that they were looking at LB and S.

• Like (+1) 1