Trade Deadline

Hotdog water

58 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I would trade them Epesenia and one of 2rounders in 2025 and 5th rounder in 2026.  Then trade Miller to Philly for 4th rounder.  

If anyone trades for him I’d put money on Detroit. 

They got decent cap space the next 4 years, have a young team that are all pretty much locked up in either their rookie contracts or extensions and have all their day 1 & 2 draft picks for the foreseeable future. 

I know the contract is only 800k or whatever is reported but I’m factoring either a restructure or the future hits on the current deal

7 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Garrett went for two 1sts or a 1st and a 2nd. It's between him and Watt for best DE in the game. 

Nah, Maxx or Watt. Myles Garrett right there with them though. 

Not to throw shade to the guy but that DPOY was a joke and the stats don’t lie. Should have gone to TJ and if not him, then Crosby. Both beat Myles out of nearly ever stat. 

Edited by Sojourner

On 10/18/2024 at 3:07 PM, MikePJ76 said:

How would they explain trading the face of their franchise during a season though?

what would that do to the locker room?

this all seems really made up and just a fun topic to talk about.

The Panthers did it with CMC and you could argue they never been more entertaining!

• Like (+1) 2

Garrett has foot issues that need surgery, so NVM on him.
Simmons has an elbow issue that also may need surgery

Any other ideas?   

Giants OLB Azeez Ojulari or  Browns DE Za'Darius Smith  are intriguing  and rumored as potential trades (unsure of cap implications) 

With Samuel's turf toe and now a shoulder injury, we may still be wise to go after another WR IMO

Coleman and Shakir are already benefiting from Cooper. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-trade-deadline-teams-inquired-about-rams-wr-cooper-kupp-steelers-chargers-interested-in-jets-wr-mike-williams

Cooper Kupp has drawn interest, although his cap #'s look prohibitive 

Diontae Johnson's attitude and comments, I don't think Beane would view him as a fit here 

Hopkins, Adam Thielen, Mike Williams, Tyler Boyd  are options who would give us 4 Legit WR's

I think, as long as we stay relatively healthy, we match up well with everyone except the Ravens. 

I know we were missing some guys that game on Defense and had a hobbled Shakir, no Cooper .. but I might think about a trade deadline target that has a potential playoff matchup with them in mind.  

Especially with them having the head to head, if that matchup ends up being back in Baltimore.  

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think, as long as we stay relatively healthy, we match up well with everyone except the Ravens. 

I know we were missing some guys that game on Defense and had a hobbled Shakir, no Cooper .. but I might think about a trade deadline target that has a potential playoff matchup with them in mind.  

Especially with them having the head to head, if that matchup ends up being back in Baltimore.  

I don't see one player making much difference against them other than maybe a monster DT.  Our best hope would be Lamar not performing well in the playoffs 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

As it stands, the Bills are going to be playing at Houston, Baltimore, or Kansas City. None of those are the slightest bit appealing. 

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

With the injuries to Aiyuk and Godwin, as well as the Chiefs WR cupboard being a bit bare, I have to think their is serious competition for a few receivers and something will be done this week.

If the Bills hadn't already acquired Cooper when we did,   someone else would have given a 2nd for him this week IMO 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I don't see one player making much difference against them other than maybe a monster DT.  Our best hope would be Lamar not performing well in the playoffs 

I think getting Milano back, potentially adding Hyde down the stretch and the development of Carter are all things that will help us against Baltimore.  

We were down some big time defensive players in that game a few weeks ago who have since returned to the lineup as well. 

So, I think, as it stands.. our defense would fare much better against them now, than they did Week 4.

But you’re correct, a big, talented DT is probably the move to make.. but teams aren’t typically very eager to trade guys like that.. and their contracts aren’t typically ones that can be easily absorbed. 

49 minutes ago, Beast said:

With the injuries to Aiyuk and Godwin, as well as the Chiefs WR cupboard being a bit bare, I have to think their is serious competition for a few receivers and something will be done this week.

Evans also got hurt ( hamstring)

32 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think getting Milano back, potentially adding Hyde down the stretch and the development of Carter are all things that will help us against Baltimore.  

We were down some big time defensive players in that game a few weeks ago who have since returned to the lineup as well. 

So, I think, as it stands.. our defense would fare much better against them now, than they did Week 4.

But you’re correct, a big, talented DT is probably the move to make.. but teams aren’t typically very eager to trade guys like that.. and their contracts aren’t typically ones that can be easily absorbed. 

Also the way they are using Henry, his tank with be flashing E 

Edited by djp14150

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

As it stands, the Bills are going to be playing at Houston, Baltimore, or Kansas City. None of those are the slightest bit appealing. 

I really don’t trust Houston…I think we’ll be the 3 seed.  Cj stroud seems to play so much worse when games are on the line and maybe we’re all a bit biased lol but I think it’s pretty clear diggs really didn’t move the needle at all for them.  Collins won’t be back until at least week 10 so maybe they get upset by a lesser opponent in the next few weeks and they’ve got ravens chiefs lions on the schedule still so that kind of evens out our tough games. 

thank god baltimore lost those two games early lol at least there’s some chance they slip up and we pass them in win total 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I really don’t trust Houston…I think we’ll be the 3 seed.  Cj stroud seems to play so much worse when games are on the line and maybe we’re all a bit biased lol but I think it’s pretty clear diggs really didn’t move the needle at all for them.  Collins won’t be back until at least week 10 so maybe they get upset by a lesser opponent in the next few weeks and they’ve got ravens chiefs lions on the schedule still so that kind of evens out our tough games. 

thank god baltimore lost those two games early lol at least there’s some chance they slip up and we pass them in win total 

I'm with you.  I don't trust Houston.  Stroud has looked lost without Nico Collins, even though he still has Diggs and Dell.  We played horrific in that game, but were still a blown coverage from a rookie starting his first game away from winning that dumpster fire mess.  

Baltimore is a team I'd really rather play at home.  I think, if fully healthy, we're better positioned to beat them, but that's asking a lot from this team and we're going to need our DT's to seriously man up as we don't have that traditional run stuffer in the middle.  I'd love to trade for that, but I don't necessarily see where that guy is available.

Kansas City is likely only losing 2 or 3 games max.  It is what it is.  We'll have to almost run the table to think about a 1 seed.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Baltimore still has to play Pitt 2X, Bengals again, and Cleveland.  I know Cleveland has been a dumpster fire, but they just got Chubb back, and Jameis is an upgrade over Watson.  They will not run the table. 

But as it stands, they look scary.  We can all thank Dallas, and every other team with a running back need, for letting Henry go there.  Henry looks as good as ever.  Currently on pace to rush for 2,120yds.