Trade Deadline

Hotdog water

3 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

I understand the proverbial trade high we are still experiencing, however I don't think there is any way CLE is going to eat that much deadcap unless you agree to fund their new dome stadium. 

Teams eat dead cap all the time.  If Garrett wants out and or Browns get a very good offer, it's possible 

the 2024 is already accounted for.  In 2025, it comes down to how much he'd cost if on their roster vs not on the roster, and how much that matters to the owner 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Teams eat dead cap all the time.  If Garrett wants out and or Browns get a very good offer, it's possible 

the 2024 is already accounted for.  It comes down to how much he'd cost if on their roster vs not on the roster 

How would they explain trading the face of their franchise during a season though?

what would that do to the locker room?

this all seems really made up and just a fun topic to talk about.

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

How would they explain trading the face of their franchise during a season though?

what would that do to the locker room?

this all seems really made up and just a fun topic to talk about.

How did they explain signing Watson to a fully guaranteed $$$$$ after he wasn't playing due to his antics

What did that do to the locker room?   That franchise is a mess

They could acquire multiple 1sts and use those picks to draft on Offense 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

How did they explain signing Watson to a fully guaranteed $$$$$ after he wasn't playing due to his antics

What did that do to the locker room?   That franchise is a mess

They could acquire multiple 1sts and use those picks to draft on Offense 

Easily, that is adding to the team at the most important position on the field.  I imagine the locker room was pretty damn excited to get a pro bowl level qb and couldn't give a rip that he likes the ladies at the massage parlor and is a complete creep.  The nfl has a ton of creeps and always has.  You think the Giants players  in the 80's were upset that LT was a drug addict who loved hookers?  Of course not.

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Easily, that is adding to the team at the most important position on the field.  I imagine the locker room was pretty damn excited to get a pro bowl level qb and couldn't give a rip that he likes the ladies at the massage parlor and is a complete creep.  The nfl has a ton of creeps and always has.  You think the Giants players  in the 80's were upset that LT was a drug addict who loved hookers?  Of course not.

except he isn't anywhere near that since he left Houston 

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

They didn't know he was going to be terrible when they signed him.  His last year in Houston he threw 33 TD, 7 INT and 4800 yards.

The only real out the Browns have is if the NFL hits him with another Personal Conduct suspension. They can void the rest of his deal basically only if that occurs. Interestingly enough, the attorney for the latest accuser is the same man representing the ~120 plaintiffs against Diddy. 

I still don't know how they consider moving Miles unless there are multiple firsts and maybe player(s), too. 

23 minutes ago, Hotdog water said:

The Browns are/will be having a fire sale based on the albatross contract of Watson. So this question is not out of the realm of possibility based Garrets 800k salary this y

The Watson financial decision was the most stupid in NFL history, even given the idiotic decision making which is a hallmark of the Cleveland Clowns. In EACH of the NEXT two years, the Clowns have a cap hit of $73M!

You can’t run a pro franchise like that, regardless of whether your QB is a combo of Brady & Montana! Of course,the reality is that he is Billy Joe Gunrack! 

Of course, star players are going to be released. They can’t do anything else but be a Double A team until that Cancer is expunged.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/16/2024 at 4:49 PM, NickelCity said:

Safety would be a bitter pill with Bishop and Edwards on the roster. 

Bishop is soft and green, and Edwards is mired in Sean’s doghouse for some reason. Mind boggling that Hamlin has been the starter for the 1st third of the season. Sean has blood on his hands if he doesn’t start using Edwards. Is he waiting for Edwards to demand a trade before he gets him on the field. When guys miss practice with an ailment you know they’re making a statement.

On 10/18/2024 at 3:19 PM, MikePJ76 said:

They didn't know he was going to be terrible when they signed him.  His last year in Houston he threw 33 TD, 7 INT and 4800 yards.

It doesn’t matter whether they were going to sign BRADY in his prime!

You cannot be such an abominably stupid franchise that you crucify the rest of your team, because you have cap hits of $29M, $73M & $73M in these 3 years! 

The Clowns are ***** morons and every other franchise will say to any player wanting to get uber paid:

“WE are not the Cleveland Clowns!”

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

It doesn’t matter whether they were going to sign BRADY in his prime!

You cannot be such an abominably stupid franchise that you crucify the rest of your team, because you have cap hits of $29M, $73M & $73M in these 3 years! 

The Clowns are ***** morons and every other franchise will say to any player wanting to get uber paid:

“WE are not the Cleveland Clowns!”

this has nothing to do with what I was talking about in the conversation.

5 hours ago, Hotdog water said:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTFQVrwm1/

The Browns are/will be having a fire sale based on the albatross contract of Watson. So this question is not out of the realm of possibility based Garrets 800k salary this year. 

Just where are you going to find the money to pay him, THIS YEAR???

First things first. Go and sign Micah Hyde in the cheap. We don’t even have to discuss how to bolster our roster as Hyde would be a big addition to a weak spot without really doubt anything.  Garrett? Forget about it.  Plug our weak spots.  We did an amazing job grabbing Rasul for cheap in free agency.  

Make a good trade for somebody and fee up some space and fill our seal spots. Garrett would be great.  We don’t have the money. 

On 10/18/2024 at 6:50 AM, mannc said:

The time to get Dexter Lawrence was in the 2019 NFL draft, but Beane preferred to anchor his D-line with lil’ Ed.

Speaking of Ed, it seems like there's no dropoff (actually the contrary) when DeWayne Carter comes in.

I'm high on Carter but I'd still love for the Bills to make a play for Jeffrey Simmons.

Our middle pass rush and our run defense would be dramatically upgraded.

Simmons would be our answer to Chris Jones... he'd be the final piece.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Speaking of Ed, it seems like there's no dropoff (actually the contrary) when DeWayne Carter comes in.

I'm high on Carter but I'd still love for the Bills to make a play for Jeffrey Simmons.

Our middle pass rush and our run defense would be dramatically upgraded.

Simmons would be our answer to Chris Jones... he'd be the final piece.

I don’t know how we’d ever get Simmons.  Didn’t he and Jones both go to Mississippi State?

• Like (+1) 2