Trade Deadline

Hotdog water

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If the Browns are selling why not go after Za'Darius Smith?  1.2M base salary.  Can't have enough pass rushers even though I'm as big of a Casey Toohill fan as anybody.

Now this is a very good idea! 

31 minutes ago, mathja said:

There isn’t a player in the league that would have as big an impact on the Bills as Dexter Lawrence would. 

why would NYG move him?  Didn't he just get a huge contract? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Myles Garrett, Max Crosby, Dexter Lawrence ??? C'mon guys this is getting outlandish. All of those players (assuming their team would even entertain trading them) would require multiple first round picks, plus more. Not to mention the massive salary we'd be taking on. There is almost no chance any of them are traded, and zero chance they go to the Bills this season. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

If the Cowboys keep losing, we could possibly be able to trade for DeMarcus Lawrence.  I am not sure if we could make the contract work, he has a base salary this year of $10 million, but if we could, he would be a difference maker for sure.  He has an automatic void next year, with $3 million in dead cap.  On top of that, he is currently injured, but will be back in time for the playoffs. (it is unlikely that the Cowboys will need him then)

Jerry is going to need as many draft picks as he can get to rebuild their middle class, because with Prescott, Lamb and eventually Parsons, they will be very top heavy.  

Therefore, Demarcus Lawrence is at the top of my wish list.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

I'd love to get Max Crosby. Dude loves to beat up on Mahomes and get in his head.

Raiders won't eat his $, so what would his cap hit be to acquire?  I'm guessing way above what we could manage...

Edit: 

Trading DE Maxx Crosby New Team Acquires 2024:

$16.8M ($16M g'teed)

2025: $23.1M (non-g'teed)

2026: $19.7M (non-g'teed)

#Raiders Dead Cap 2024: $13.6M 2025: $10.2M

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Myles Garrett, Max Crosby, Dexter Lawrence ??? C'mon guys this is getting outlandish. All of those players (assuming their team would even entertain trading them) would require multiple first round picks, plus more. Not to mention the massive salary we'd be taking on. There is almost no chance any of them are traded, and zero chance they go to the Bills this season. 

The salary, to me, is what makes it outlandish.  

If we could work around that, I'd be willing to give up a lot for any of those guys... Crosby, if I was the GM, I'd need to be restrained if he was available. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I  would love that.  If Josh gets hurts, the season is over.   That Mahomes kid would be an awesome #2.  

Somehow I can’t even get on board with the humor of this notion. I don’t hate Mahomes the way that was the case with Brady.  However, the burr under the saddle impact with Mahomes builds.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Now this is a very good idea! 

why would NYG move him?  Didn't he just get a huge contract? 

I don't think the Giants would, unless they want QB Draft ammo.  Their DL is loaded, but it doesn't do them any good without a QB.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, jahnyc said:

I assume our ability to consummate a trade will be for the most part dependent on acquiring a player with a very low cap figure for the remainder of this season.  We should focus on the those possibilities.

Would DeMarcus Lawrence, with roughly $5 million remaining in salary this year, fit?  (See my post a couple above yours) He is a strong run defender and a capable pass rusher.  Would help shore up our defense for the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Would DeMarcus Lawrence, with roughly $5 million remaining in salary this year, fit?  (See my post a couple above yours) He is a strong run defender and a capable pass rusher.  Would help shore up our defense for the playoffs.  

He doesn't add anything to this roster they do not have and he always is dragging an injury around. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Raiders won't eat his $, so what would his cap hit be to acquire?  I'm guessing way above what we could manage...

Edit: 

Trading DE Maxx Crosby New Team Acquires 2024:

$16.8M ($16M g'teed)

2025: $23.1M (non-g'teed)

2026: $19.7M (non-g'teed)

#Raiders Dead Cap 2024: $13.6M 2025: $10.2M

This is all fun to dream and discuss, and I know it's not realistic. But if we were to trade for a guy like Crosby, we're ripping his contract up and writing him a new one. One that works within our budget and gives him future guarantees. This would not be a rental. It would cost a ton to obtain him.

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think  Jordan Schultz was the first one to report the Cooper trade. Interesting clip here about the deal

He believes the Bills will still look to upgrade at LB & S  via trade

Budda Baker watch? 
Shaq Thompson watch?

Shaq Thompson is out for the year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1