So about the refs tonight

Einstein

was it just me or was the incompetence of the referees at an all-time level tonight? 

- Spencer Brown called for finishing a block. Something you are taught to do since Pee-wee football. 

- Jets may or may not have made their first extra point.

- Taron flagged for being smaller than the offensive lineman and falling under him

- Both teams flagged for tackling the QB (I guess Epenesa should know better than to try and strip the ball?)

- Dawkins flagged for… something? I’m actually not even sure what it was because it happened between the periods and the announcers didn’t seem to know what he did wrong… So maybe it was deserved? or maybe it was completely baloney?

- Jets PI when the ball was thrown several yards out of bounds

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 24
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

On our drive to end the first half they randomly stopped the clock multiple times when no one took a timeout this ended up giving the jets a chance at a Hail Mary 

we caught a ball int the middle to dalton with 58 secs left and somehow we were in the huddle and they started the clock this happened twice like they were confused and told bills to huddle up to waste some time 

• Like (+1) 2

Met Life went dark for some "unknown reason" and the Jets took that opportunity to start a fight on the field. Which of course ended with Dawkins getting a personal foul. 

Epenesa was holding himself up with one arm to prevent himself from falling too hard on Rodgers and still got flagged.

Kinlaw basically threw Josh to the ground by the helmet so that was an obvious one.

• Like (+1) 4

You could tell early that they were looking to throw flags as fast as they could at any remote opportunity.

It was the exact opposite of how a football game should be properly officiated.

I hope they are going to get absolutely chewed out by the league office.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MPT said:

Met Life went dark for some "unknown reason" and the Jets took that opportunity to start a fight on the field. Which of course ended with Dawkins getting a personal foul. 

I was expecting offsetting penalties by the way that the Jets player was losing his mind. But no…

Edited by Einstein
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

These refs didn’t even understand basic PI rules. Many of the PIs were not or were uncatchable balls. The two calls that benford got on Wilson were just wrong.  

Also, has anyone heard of replay assist being used this much in a game? I think this crew must be on a short leash.

Never heard that. Welcome to the age of AI. Unhealthy,and not 100% accurate. Brace yourselves puny humans

Just now, bills6969 said:

They called it bad, but at least called it bad both ways. Both teams had same number of penalties.

I hope you're being sarcastic. A penalty that doesn't help the Bills' kickoff at all is not the same as one that gives the Jets 15 yards instead of having to punt. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2