Where's Cole Bishop?

billsgpr88

Given that he's a rookie that missed a great portion of training camp and the pre-season, it makes sense that he's not yet a starter.  I don't agree with the argument that he was over drafted, at least at this point in time.  Some players take more time to learn the scheme and develop.  See Shakir, Bernard, and what appears to be happening with Dorian Williams.

2 hours ago, billsgpr88 said:

Is there any specific reason why he's hardly playing? I know he was injured early on in the year, and he did fill in for Rapp when he was injured, but it is strange to me that even local media never mentions him. Is it assumed that he is adjusting to the system, or has he just underperformed? Given that he was a 2nd round pick, I was hoping for a player who could come in and start almost immediately. It's frustrating to see players routinely getting open with space to run, and to my untrained eye the subpar play of Hamlin is a big reason for that. Maybe someone can fill me in if they know something I don't about Bishop's role on the team thus far.

On the bench...next to Kaiir Elam 😎

He looks a lot like Dorian WIlliams did last year when he was pressed into service and Bernard the year before...mistakes, out of position, not following assignments. I keep reminding myself that in College these guys were likely the main playmaker on their D and did more than their assignment a lot.  In the pros that lack of assignment discipline means being out of position and getting torched..in college their athleticism covered mistakes.  That's why I hesitate to post negative...just a thought...

Edited by JoeF

4 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

But Damar is and he’s not a starter 

He knows the playbook better, that’s all that matters🙄.  Guys are running open all over the field against us and no one seems to be aware because Rapp made a couple big stops in the endzone. 

• Like (+1) 1