Where's Cole Bishop?

billsgpr88

3 minutes ago, balln said:

Third round draft pick. Way overdrafted for how he performed in college. Very niche player in a specific defense. He is head shoulders better play maker  than Edmond was. More instincts. But he is very undersized. And gets swallowed up in the run.

Okay, well I guess it’s settled, Bishop will never amount to anything for this team.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, balln said:

Classic over drafted player by Mcbeane. Can’t even see the field. Ridiculous 

Overdrafted just like T. Bernard & D. WIlliams??? Neither of them saw the field in their rookie year, nor deserved to. Both balled out in year 2, so making any judgement about Bishop's abilities this early is ignorant.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Fortunately talent evaluators are more interested in how a player fits inside THEIR specific scheme than what he did in his role in college. You mean when he isn't knifing into the backfield to make TFL's right?  Because he has a sh!t ton of those too.  Or do not see those either?

Ppl wanted to prob up Hamlin and Rapp w pff.

bernard for the season 3ish - 4 games is 51.0

That’s not good.

but he’s a 3rd pick. And more important from coach on field standpoint. And he does make plays. I’m fine w him

7 minutes ago, balln said:

You guys keep talking about how he can’t be trusted or McDermott can’t play him because he doesn’t know his assignments. OK that’s fine if he was 6th rd. My whole point is you don’t take that player that maybe or maybe not can play now in the second round. When you have a huge hole at both safety spots. It should be a sure thing or you draft something else it’s a sure thing and you hope that Cole falls later in the draft.

Then he should not have been drafted in the second round

So your point is if after 6 games the 60th player in the draft isn’t playing it’s a disaster? Gotta disagree. The Bills as noted by multiple positions play who currently gives them the best chance to win. They might be vets, FA, drafted, undrafted they don’t care. Bishop will play in the future and likely will be better than both but not right now. He’s got 4 years on a low contract and will be an asset. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

No bleeping shite! of course it’s Crystal ball. Of course I don’t know the scheme. The whole point is if you’re taking a safety which is a devalued position non-premium position in a premium second round pick especially in a team that has no safety be able to. You better be able to know that he can handle the assignment.

I’m coming from a place where we blew second round picks on Cody Ford, Zay Jones, boogie Basham.

It's not devalued in THIS defense. It's literally the key to their entire scheme. 

I think you should stop talking about this because it's clear you are lacking comprehension as to why he isn't starting and expecting someone who has not gotten reps to simply step into this defense and be a "Straight baller" right out the gate is not realistic.

I mean even Kyle Hamilton mostly sucked in Baltimore his rookie year and now is an multiple time all-pro. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Flipnmi said:

Overdrafted just like T. Bernard & D. WIlliams??? Neither of them saw the field in their rookie year, nor deserved to. Both balled out in year 2, so making any judgement about Bishop's abilities this early is ignorant.

Ok Dorian is a 62.0 pff. Lol. Haven’t seen enough of him making plays vs the pass. He’s still missing open field tackles out wide / chasing on edge  

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's not devalued in THIS defense. It's literally the key to their entire scheme. 

I think you should stop talking about this because it's clear you are lacking comprehension as to why he isn't starting and expecting someone who has not gotten reps to simply step into this defense and be a "Straight baller" right out the gate is not realistic.

I mean even Kyle Hamilton mostly sucked in Baltimore his rookie year and now is an multiple time all-pro. 

Totally missing the point. The niners and chiefs are picking these players. And their rookies step in and play. Kc won the Super Bowl again last year. 

fair- and great point about Hamilton 

Edited by balln
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

That’s a good value for a vet back up S who very easily can impact the team in the next 11 games. 

I disagree there were a ton of quality safeties available in FA and for a little more we could have brought in an actual starter

9 minutes ago, WMDman said:

per sporatic 

3 yr(s) / $2,843,000

Average Salary:

$947,667

Signing Bonus:

$13,000

GTD at Sign:

$13,000

Total GTD:

$13,000

That is Mike Edwards the Gaurd. The safety signed a 1 year $2.8M deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, billsgpr88 said:

Is there any specific reason why he's hardly playing? I know he was injured early on in the year, and he did fill in for Rapp when he was injured, but it is strange to me that even local media never mentions him. Is it assumed that he is adjusting to the system, or has he just underperformed? Given that he was a 2nd round pick, I was hoping for a player who could come in and start almost immediately. It's frustrating to see players routinely getting open with space to run, and to my untrained eye the subpar play of Hamlin is a big reason for that. Maybe someone can fill me in if they know something I don't about Bishop's role on the team thus far.

When he started during the  texans game he looked atrocious.  2 long touchdowns were directly because of him . We pretty much win that game if we had a competent safety. 

3 minutes ago, balln said:

Ok Dorian is a 62.0 pff. Lol. Haven’t seen enough of him making plays vs the pass. He’s still missing open field tackles out wide / chasing on edge  

Totally missing the point. The niners and chiefs are picking these players. And their rookies step in and play. Kc won the Super Bowl again last year. 

fair- and great point about Hamilton 

Different teams and approaches. I need to have specifics of all the rookie starters on KC and SF. Then we can see how poorly the Bills are doing. Seems we have multiple drafted players recently contributing. And a few others not. I can list them but I think we all know who they are. KC has done well in player evaluation for sure. As well as having perhaps the best HC in NFL history outside BB and Lombardi 🤷🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He does, but Hamlin is reliably bad!

He's really not. Fans are piling on him for little reason. He has been a decent player this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

36 minutes ago, billsgpr88 said:

Is there any specific reason why he's hardly playing? I know he was injured early on in the year, and he did fill in for Rapp when he was injured, but it is strange to me that even local media never mentions him. Is it assumed that he is adjusting to the system, or has he just underperformed? Given that he was a 2nd round pick, I was hoping for a player who could come in and start almost immediately. It's frustrating to see players routinely getting open with space to run, and to my untrained eye the subpar play of Hamlin is a big reason for that. Maybe someone can fill me in if they know something I don't about Bishop's role on the team thus far.

He doesn’t bring a physicality in run defense or a sense of where to be on passing  downs. He looked confused and green to me. He needs seasoning.

4 minutes ago, Process said:

I disagree there were a ton of quality safeties available in FA and for a little more we could have brought in an actual starter

That is Mike Edwards the Gaurd. The safety signed a 1 year $2.8M deal. 

Share who they are at 2.8 M ? I contest it was solid signing late in FA. Even as depth which as I said may very well pay off. He was injured and could not practice while guys in his spot were healthy and in the system. 

20 minutes ago, balln said:

Third round draft pick. Way overdrafted for how he performed in college. Very niche player in a specific defense. He is head shoulders better play maker  than Edmond was. More instincts. But he is very undersized. And gets swallowed up in the run.

Don't understand this take at all. Bernard jumps off the screen several times a game. He's an absolute stud and the best defensive player on the team. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Bunch of fan boys here today.

i LIKE Dorian. And I LIKE TB. They do flash. They do make plays. TB especialy

vs the pass. 

But those are 2-5 plays out of the 60-70 of an entire game. 

They are niche players in a specific McD scheme. Nearly full time 2 high safety nickel D. 2 LBs. No matter what. They are both undersized. And get swallowed up in the run. It’s fine. Milano did/does too. I’m all for player development . But once in a while nice to have an immediate plug and play full time starter out of our Mcbeane drafts. 

you realize we’re dead last in the league yards per rush? Right? 

Ppl replying that Hamlin is getting an unfair wrap- don’t know what to tell you. 

Dorian , Hamlin and TB are grading so far / that’s every play. Every game as backups / fringe average starter.

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 1