Bills (still) bringing in kickers for tryout: Brayden Narveson

Bass is bad. He needed to be replaced in the off season when there were probably better kickers available. I'm glad they are doing their due diligence, but the fact is no one is going to be any better at this point. Sure you will all cheer on taking that 7m dead cap hit until the new guy starts missing kicks too. Then it doesn't make sense. You dont can someone and take that dead cap hit just to do it. You take that cap hit when you find someone better. Not likely to happen mid season.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Bass is bad. He needed to be replaced in the off season when there were probably better kickers available. I'm glad they are doing their due diligence, but the fact is no one is going to be any better at this point. Sure you will all cheer on taking that 7m dead cap hit until the new guy starts missing kicks too. Then it doesn't make sense. You dont can someone and take that dead cap hit just to do it. You take that cap hit when you find someone better. Not likely to happen mid season.

Totally agree that the dead cap is being unreasonably ignored by many fans, and that the Bills are NOT going to release Bass during the season because of that prohibitive dead cap penalty. 

Even IF they "find someone better," (which would be great) they would be wise to keep Bass inactive until the league year ends or even until June 1, then release him. Whenever I read "Cut Bass Now!" I wonder why? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• PirateHookerMD changed the title to Bills (still) bringing in kickers for tryout: Brayden Narveson
2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Totally agree that the dead cap is being unreasonably ignored by many fans, and that the Bills are NOT going to release Bass during the season because of that prohibitive dead cap penalty. 

Even IF they "find someone better," (which would be great) they would be wise to keep Bass inactive until the league year ends or even until June 1, then release him. Whenever I read "Cut Bass Now!" I wonder why? 

Bass can wear street clothes and be the backup kicker / water boy.

• Haha (+1) 1

Because of his contract and dead cap you can't cut him but it doesn't mean you need to have him out there hoping to make a FG or XP. Put him on IR with a torn confidence ligament or bruised ego and be done with it.

Or we can just go early 80's Mississippi Valley State and not bother having a Kicker. Of course they had Jerry Rice and regularly scored North of 50 points per game.

Seems we've lost confidence in him, I wonder if his teammates have as well.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Begs the question— why didn’t we bring in McManus!?!?!?

You know guys can choose where they go, right?  McManus went where he would actually play, not to play the sit on the PS and hope to get up to speed on the playbook enough for McClappy to use him.   In all seriousness, McDermott’s stupidity, err loyalty, is a major reason why.

• Dislike 1