Bills bringing in kickers for tryout: Harrison Mevis and Alex McNulty

28 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

That stat is a bit misleading - it relies on previous season data that isn't indicative of the current state of affairs.  It also fails to take into account how kicking has greatly improved around the league as technique has changed.

This season, Bass hasn't hit from 50+ and he has shanked several kicks that demonstrate he's a head case.  He is 9 of 12 this season on FGA which puts him at 75%.  

Totally agree with this, and will also add, that even if your percentage is high, can you be trusted in the need it moments.  For Bass, it's a big fat no.

17 minutes ago, Success said:

Gotta admit - it's a bummer watching the offense get to the 35, and still think that we need at least 10 more yards for a makeable FG attempt....

Heck, I'm nervous just over XPs now.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BRH said:

It's not like we don't have experience cutting kickers who went on to have long careers.  We originally had Gary Anderson and Dustin Hopkins.  Would be nice if we were on the receiving end of that for once.

Gary Anderson did not want to play in Buffalo and deliberately played bad to be cut.

• Like (+1) 2

I like that they give the UB guy a second look but I don't think they'd sign McNulty and hand him the keys.  He had some nice kicks for the Bulls but i never felt he was a sure thing.

The Chubby dude i know nothing about.

McNulty seems like a token move. He kicked at UB for a long time and was very up and down. Not sure how serious the Bills are here. As horrible as Bass has been I doubt even he's worried about a guy like McNulty.