Tampa Bay Rays - Tropicana Field destroyed by Hurricane Milton

Gregg

The big question is where will they play next year.  I read that it would take 9 figures to fix the Trop and since they are building a new stadium, not gonna spend that on the old one.  And the Trop has no drainage, so really cant play baseball there with no drainage.  

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Tampa Bay adopts Sahlen Field as home field for 2025 season.  Bisons relegated to Shoshone #3. 🤔

Tampa Bay Players will be happy based on reactions of previous players.

I know I should be sad and empathetic about this but Im not. TB is a terrible franchise that cannot turn a profit to save their lives, a big reason why being them playing in that terrible stadium that was put in a terrible location. A giant mistake all around that I hope they figure a way to rectify. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I went to some games in the Trop, but it was more fun going to a bar mitzvah party there. Friends of ours who LOVE baseball had both of the kids parties there with a cocktail reception in the press box and a sit down dinner in centerfield.  After all the speeches there was a baseball game complete with announcers  and a slow motion replay on the Jumbotron of my son making a diving catch. 

It wasn’t a great stadium for baseball, but it was AWESOME for a bar mitzvah party! 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Looks like Montreal is off the list as the Big O is undergoing renovations so that brings me to Buffalo.  Why not?  It was good enough for the Jays for parts of two seasons and a lot of improvements were made.  It pry wouldn't be too hard to get capcity up to 20k or so.  They would pry draw more than the Rays were.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Looks like Montreal is off the list as the Big O is undergoing renovations so that brings me to Buffalo.  Why not?  It was good enough for the Jays for parts of two seasons and a lot of improvements were made.  It pry wouldn't be too hard to get capcity up to 20k or so.  They would pry draw more than the Rays were.

They would have to bump a divisional rival’s AAA team.  I don’t think that would work.  I think Tampa’s own AAA team……Durham?……already said no.  Puerto Rico?  I think the Nats played there.  Work them into a city with 2 teams like NY or Chi where they could have 40 and 41 home games in two different parks?  The old Braves Spring training place at Disney still there?  Too hot?