The Diggs - Cooper trade

Which would you prefer?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Diggs + 3rd + 7th + $807K
    • Cooper + 2nd + 6th

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's a factor because the original cap hit was not going to be $30 million. That money escalated into this year.

Okay, but his contract extension was 4 yrs / 92 mil, it's not like he was playing for free in 2024.

How much cap space would we have saved if he was still on the roster? Around $7 mil, give or take?

The point remains - I think Beane has done very well out of a bad situation.

At the end of the day, Diggs in Buffalo just ran its course. Both sides needed a fresh start. The money and picks aside, cooper is a better fit for moving forward this season. And they are showing they are all in without risking the future. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

28 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

True, but it's now essentially a swap for Cooper as the 30 year old #1 for basically 30.8 million this season. With Diggs salary coming off the books next year. 

I only wish they could have gotten this trade done with some time for Cooper to be in camp with the O.

Clarification please-I've been under the impression the Bills were still on the hook for a big chunk of Diggs' contract in 2025. Am I mistaken?

Hoping the Bills will have more room to maneuver in free agency and securing valued roster veterans with an improved budget next year. Combined with multiple picks in 2025, further development of first and second year players, they may poised to be 'the team to beat' when they move into their new digs in 2026.

1 minute ago, SoMAn said:

Clarification please-I've been under the impression the Bills were still on the hook for a big chunk of Diggs' contract in 2025. Am I mistaken?

Hoping the Bills will have more room to maneuver in free agency and securing valued roster veterans with an improved budget next year. Combined with multiple picks in 2025, further development of first and second year players, they may poised to be 'the team to beat' when they move into their new digs in 2026.

No nothing due Diggs from Bills in 2025.  All the pain this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don't know a lot about Cooper only that he is usually very productive where ever he has been & if his attitude is better and is a better locker presence then it's a win all the way around because of the money saved on the cap & a new better attitude .

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Have you seen all the Cleveland games, or are you just repeating something you read?

Do you have something against believing what you read? I read it.

There is no shortage of that story line in the media. Here it is if you need a kick start: https://www.google.com/search?q=amari+cooper+drops

Does one have to see action in person to believe a stat? If that was the standard for commenting, this fan board would be a very empty place. Besides, who watches Cleveland games?

4 minutes ago, boater said:

There is no shortage of that story line in the media. Here it is if you need a kick start: https://www.google.com/search?q=amari+cooper+drops

Does one have to see action in person to believe a stat? If that was the standard for commenting, this fan board would be a very empty place. Besides, who watches Cleveland games?

Was just asking because sometime the definition of a drop varies greatly.  No need to go off the deep end on me. 😂

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, boater said:

Context is pretty important id say…sometimes  a really bad throw qualifies as a drop but when we read he has drop issues we’re picturing balls clanking right off his hands 

Watson has thrown him quite a few horrendous passes that yea maybe he should catch them but it’s understandable that he didn’t 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

I respect the way you’re thinking, but the move was a no-brainer.

I have no idea why, but there was bad blood between Diggs and Allen and it was not doing this team any favors.

Their cold reunion after the Texans game should have re-affirmed it for everyone. Especially with Diggs giving Allen the side-eye after they shook hands after the game.

Edited by Einstein

Diggs wanted out,  got a 2nd for him.   Cooper comes in,  fills a huge need for a 3rd.  hes a rental,  but maybe he resigns next season.  Diggs would have been gone next season if he'd stayed this season so its mostly a wash depending on how Coop plays.