The Diggs - Cooper trade

Which would you prefer?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Diggs + 3rd + 7th + $807K
    • Cooper + 2nd + 6th

Yeah, I know...it wasn't a straight up trade.

But consider this:

Diggs - born November 28 1993

(age 30 years 11 months)

Cooper - born June 17 1994

(age 30 years 4 months)

Picks gained - 2025 2nd + 2025 6th

Picks lost - 2025 3rd + 2026 7th

So....we've replaced one WR with another who is 7 months younger and we have upgraded two draft picks - for a cost of $807K

It therefore begs the question - are we now in a better position overall?

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Getting rid of Diggs also gave us 30+ million in dead money. That's the real kicker. But if he didn't want to be here, it is better to have him gone.

But that's not a factor anymore because you now have another WR of similar quality on the roster.

The only additional cap hit is the $807K salary. 

1 minute ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

But that's not a factor anymore because you now have another WR of similar quality on the roster.

The only additional cap hit is the $807K salary. 

It's a factor because the original cap hit was not going to be $30 million. That money escalated into this year.

I think there’s an interesting debate if we’re assuming ‘highly motivated Diggs’ vs cooper in a contract year but in reality it’s gotta be cooper and it’s not even close.

diggs was straight up checked out and fit right in with our other ‘pretty good wrs that can’t beat sticky man coverage’

this whole situation is intriguing I feel like beane had his eye on this trade probably since the offseason…I wonder if he knew the browns would flop and amari’s trade value would take a bit of a hit 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Getting rid of Diggs also gave us 30+ million in dead money. That's the real kicker. But if he didn't want to be here, it is better to have him gone.

True, but it's now essentially a swap for Cooper as the 30 year old #1 for basically 30.8 million this season. With Diggs salary coming off the books next year. 

I only wish they could have gotten this trade done with some time for Cooper to be in camp with the O.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

hey, wait a minute - I want a real kicker as part of the trade equation. 

• Haha (+1) 3

i dont know if u guys seen the thing going around that cooper already caught a ball from josh allen or not.

In a game we played cleaveland josh threw the ball away...via a 30yrd pass out of bounds and cooper was on the 

side lines...he jumped up and one handed it like it was nothing...just an after thought.

Im super curious to see what difference he makes in this offense.   If cooper is brought in and

looks like trash or isnt used like he should be then brady can take a hike.

that said without the diggs drama and diggs a 100% bought in i still think cooper might be better at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

Cooper hasn't even played a down yet. I withhold judgment until Cooper plays.

Will his drops from Cleveland continue, or will he be rejuvenated due to Josh Allen?

Having said that, I forecast that Cooper is going to be very good.

• Like (+1) 1