Two TE Formation

Given the WR room and TE room before the season started, I was convinced that the Bills would run vast majority of offensive snaps out of 2 TE, 2 WR and 1 RB set, along the lines of the Peyton Manning, Tom Moore Colts (with Kincaid  playing the Dallas Clark role).  

Couldn’t have been more wrong.  Sporadic use at best. Kincaid’s stats are meh, Knox’s are nonexistent.  Don’t know if it’s Josh, Brady or McDermott but they are obviously not comfortable with 2 TE as primary offensive formation.  

That’s why the Cooper trade is so great.  Now we have legitimate vet WR to play outside.  I’m beginning to believe some of the early scouting reports on Coleman that his best position is big slot.  Move Shakir around. Whatever gadget plays drawn up for Samuel, give them to Shakir. Give Kincaid 3/4 or 2/3 of the snaps and look to trade Knox in the off-season.  Let Hollins and Samuel take #4 and #5 WR snaps.  This offense has a chance to really flourish and dominate.  

Still need a healthy defense  (which never seems to happen at playoff time) and better D line and safety play but this team, in a supposed down year, has a real shot at a Super Bowl run.

• Like (+1) 2

This is my biggest frustration with Brady.  He does not know how to scheme to our personnel.  There is no excuse for us to not be utilizing Knox and Kincaid as they both present mismatches.  Same with Samuel who was brought in for a purpose I've yet to see.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is my biggest frustration with Brady.  He does not know how to scheme to our personnel.  There is no excuse for us to not be utilizing Knox and Kincaid as they both present mismatches.  Same with Samuel who was brought in for a purpose I've yet to see.

Agree, and wrt to Samuel, does Brady even have a jet sweep in the playbook? 

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

i would think as a player...after not being utilized in a system u start to lose focus and become discontent.   As a player u only 

have so many seasons to make your mark.   

49 minutes ago, Virgil said:

there is a great excuse for not utilizing Knox lol it's because he's not a good football player

• Disagree 1

Coaching incompetence or arrogance. These guys actually think Hollins is a starting WR. 

So far Brady's offense is worse than Dorsey's. 

Now with Amare, Brady is now under severe pressure to produce a competent offense. He has the best QB in franchise history.  

No excuses for this coaching staff any longer!!!

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

This is my #1 worry bringing Cooper in. Brady already has several toys he doesn't play with.

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Is this another 'We need Ertz' thread?! 🤨😁

They just need to use Knox more !! The guy has proven he can be a weapon when utilized the way he was against the Jets . For him to have prior to the Jets game 3 receptions & not even try to give him a target in the red zone is BS ! Sure he may not be Kincaid but to this point he;s been a totally forgotten commodity in Brady's offense and that's just wrong .

I'll bet you amongst most of us back before Kincaid came here and was making catches and bowling people over on his way to the end zone cheering him on to keep doing more of the same, but like i said Brady is just not using him correctly .

I could see if he was dropping all kinds of passes say like well some other players on the team, or just not doing his assignments but we all know last season some of the drops he had were due to a hand injury which hands are very important to catching a football especially from Josh .

Brady just needs to use more of the weapons he has available more frequently instead of only as a after thought .

We have the talent here already just use it !! JMHO ...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Given the WR room and TE room before the season started, I was convinced that the Bills would run vast majority of offensive snaps out of 2 TE, 2 WR and 1 RB set, along the lines of the Peyton Manning, Tom Moore Colts (with Kincaid  playing the Dallas Clark role).  

Couldn’t have been more wrong.  Sporadic use at best. Kincaid’s stats are meh, Knox’s are nonexistent.  Don’t know if it’s Josh, Brady or McDermott but they are obviously not comfortable with 2 TE as primary offensive formation.  

That’s why the Cooper trade is so great.  Now we have legitimate vet WR to play outside.  I’m beginning to believe some of the early scouting reports on Coleman that his best position is big slot.  Move Shakir around. Whatever gadget plays drawn up for Samuel, give them to Shakir. Give Kincaid 3/4 or 2/3 of the snaps and look to trade Knox in the off-season.  Let Hollins and Samuel take #4 and #5 WR snaps.  This offense has a chance to really flourish and dominate.  

Still need a healthy defense  (which never seems to happen at playoff time) and better D line and safety play but this team, in a supposed down year, has a real shot at a Super Bowl run.

They do run the ball occaisionally, and a 2 TE formation is probably more often run than not, and then you factor in that you will occasionally use a TE in pass protection, I'm not even sure how many routes knox has even run.  

I expected more 12 personnel as well.

The old football truism is you put your best 11 on the field.  I don't think Knox and Kincard are All-World but they're better than MVS, Coleman, Hollins, and Samuel.   

Then you add in that Brady runs a bit more than he passes, it seemed like 12 personnel would be an easy and sensible choice.

Idk what to blame on the OC we’ve been through 3 pretty quickly …. What’s the common denominator and how much does it have to do with incompetence.  The more closely I watch McD the more I think he’s a bigger problem than some like to believe.

Can you imagine JA with some consistency in his life.  Someone with an offensive mindset, someone who can actually scheme!

Edited by PayDaBill$