Is Tom Brady Part Owner of Raiders a Conflict of Interest?

On 10/17/2024 at 7:29 PM, WotAGuy said:

Sounds like a smart way to eliminate a lot of work in your job. 

Smart indeed and make a couple bucks on the side. 

Wonder if Fox knew about the ownership venture or did Tom hoodwink them?

Fuh k Tom Brady, he knowingly and purposefully cheated throughout his career, the guy can not be trusted with his position as an announcer / team owner, he is going to test the system to catch him cheating, it’s his modus operandus, the guy is a walking character flaw, 

• Agree 2

On 10/16/2024 at 7:23 AM, Big Turk said:

Going to be highly restricted:

He obviously didn’t think this thru or thought he could do whatever he wanted.  I didn’t watch the game he did on Sunday but I read that it was weird.  He had to be upbeat about everything.  FOX may decide they’re not getting their money’s worth.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

A bit off topic, but I watched Brady do the color commentating yesterday and he is terrible. He pauses regularly between thoughts. Kind of reminds me of a slow Netflix show where the streaming gets interrupted for a second then returns only to be interrupted again. Romo he is not.

He’s not ready for prime time that’s for sure. The pauses are noticeable to a point of annoyance. He sounds stiff and adds little to the broadcast at this point. Like the analogy, on the mark and funny.

45 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

He had to be upbeat about everything. FOX may decide they’re not getting their money’s worth.

I don’t even know if I’d call it upbeat. Pandering comes to mind. FOX leaping at him at that price was absurd. I’m already turning the volume down.

Edited by US Egg

6 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

A bit off topic, but I watched Brady do the color commentating yesterday and he is terrible. He pauses regularly between thoughts. Kind of reminds me of a slow Netflix show where the streaming gets interrupted for a second then returns only to be interrupted again. Romo he is not.

He probably had to keep looking at a list of what he could and couldn’t say.  I heard there was a controversial ref call and he just said “I don’t know.” and passed it off to their former ref in the booth.

5 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

He obviously didn’t think this thru or thought he could do whatever he wanted.  I didn’t watch the game he did on Sunday but I read that it was weird.  He had to be upbeat about everything.  FOX may decide they’re not getting their money’s worth.

I wonder what type of guarantees in contract and is it like Deshaun Watson's contract impossible to get out of.  

6 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

And do what? They owe him $375 million over the next 10 years.