Is Tom Brady Part Owner of Raiders a Conflict of Interest?

Tom Brady is now a 10% owner of the Raiders. Per Davis they expect he can help them select a QB and train them. Would this be a conflict of interest with him calling games for Fox? (Article below seems to think so). Putting it out there for your consideration.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2024/10/16/tom-brady-las-vegas-raiders-owner/75697265007/

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Shocked 1

• Donuts and Doritos changed the title to Is Tom Brady Part Owner of Raiders a Conflict of Interest?

He can't go in another teams buildings, practices etc. He can't comment on all sorts of things so it seems the announcing gig is going to be near impossible for him to do. Well, there is some yellow on the field let's move on to the next play here. 

Also, Richard Seymour bought 1 percent of the team so good on him for taking care of his money

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Tom Brady is now a 10% owner of the Raiders. Per Davis they expect he can help them select a QB and train them. Would this be a conflict of interest with him calling games for Fox? (Article below seems to think so). Putting it out there for your consideration.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2024/10/16/tom-brady-las-vegas-raiders-owner/75697265007/

That was my initial reaction when it was first announced that Brady was going to be a minority owner of the Raiders. I suppose, given it's just commentating... poorly at that... FOX can just not put him and Burkhardt on Raida's games. I mean, inexplicably they are FOX's #1 crew... it's not like they would have been doing Raiders' crapfests anyway. 🤷‍♂️