Now can we get us some Budda Baker to shore up the other weak area?

Mister Defense

11 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

It will obviously never happen, but Crosby would genuinely be worth a 1st and a 2nd. 

I know it's not going to happen, but Beane would be an absolute legend if he got this man in Buffalo.

I'd be completely fine sending them Rousseau and a high pick.  Can't pay both of them anyway, Crosby in his prime and Rousseau is just too inconsistent and I have to imagine we're going to be reluctant to give him a massive contract if he keep having years where he dominates one game and then decides he's a glorified edge setter for the next three.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

We need a more athletic safety than Damar Hamlin. Damar lacks the anticipatory skills and range of a budda Baker. The answer on the roster in my mind is Lewis Cine. I read they are trying him at linebacker which is so Billsey. We are being torched by opposing QBs. Damar is there after the catch, it appears on many plays. The referees so affected Monday’s game, it’s difficult to assess an overall performance of the defense. That said the play at the end of the half should not have happened and that’s on the safeties. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, 947 said:

Even if we got Budda, McD would just give him the Mike Edwards treatment, then talk about how complicated our Defense is and that it takes time to learn. It'd be 4 weeks after getting Budda on-board & Hamlin would still be the starter. 🤢

Still trying to understand what is going on with Mike Edwards.

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

The struggle for Josh the last three games is that his WRs are not able to get separation on press coverage.   It was evident with Samuel, Coleman and Hollins.   Josh is forced to run around waiting for these guys to come free....Josh needs to stand in the pocket and deliver like he did in the first three games..He needs a WR that can come free...Shakir can do it but was not available against Houston.  Cooper will help 

He also needs to act when they do come free.   To often they are open but he moves on and then its too late.  

the first games Josh was getting the ball out fast...decisive with it.   Then its like he reverted back to his old ways.   

maybe balt destroyed what trust he had built up in the o line and wr's.

also i wish josh would use the pocket more.  watch even flacco and he is a statue..but he just stands in the pocket

and manuevers around just enough to stay clean long enough to throw.  

14 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Wow, that is a very depressing take! Lol, as I read it again.

I don't think that will happen with Bubba!  He is NOT Edwards.

I never understood the hype some spouted for Edwards as he was  a fairly low rated safety, in the mid 50s for PFF while Poyer was in the low 80s last year.  That number would indicate a back up caliber player, who could fill in when needed, as he did in KC.

So, bring on Bubba..

Poyer was trash in pff most of his non buffalo time too 

15 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Who the fu** names their kid Budda?? 

Probably some politically correct crap, thinking 'Bubba' is stereotype now.

If he comes here, he is Bubba. Period.

So that does solve the problem with his real name sucking.

I do want him again now.

His birth name is Bishard.  His mom and/or aunt (depending on who's telling the story) started calling him 'Buddha' when he was an infant because he looked like a baby Buddha. 

I guess they changed the spelling to 'Budda' to give it a twist.  As a practicing Buddhist, it drives me crazy to see it spelled wrong.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

His birth name is Bishard.  His mom and/or aunt (depending on who's telling the story) started calling him 'Buddha' when he was an infant because he looked like a baby Buddha. 

I guess they changed the spelling to 'Budda' to give it a twist.  As a practicing Buddhist, it drives me crazy to see it spelled wrong.  

Wow, did not even think it was pronounced like that. Thanks.

Buddha Boy was my nickname for my brother when we were kids.

8 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Poyer was trash in pff most of his non buffalo time too 

Not sure what you mean--Pff gave low ratings to Poyer, is that what you are saying?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Jimmy Harris 69 said:

We need a more athletic safety than Damar Hamlin. Damar lacks the anticipatory skills and range of a budda Baker. The answer on the roster in my mind is Lewis Cine. I read they are trying him at linebacker which is so Billsey. We are being torched by opposing QBs. Damar is there after the catch, it appears on many plays. The referees so affected Monday’s game, it’s difficult to assess an overall performance of the defense. That said the play at the end of the half should not have happened and that’s on the safeties. 

Some good points here. I would lay a fair amount of blame on rushing 2 guys as AR snickered while R and E are guarding the absolute unimportant sidelines.
Cine has to this point not been able to start as a S in the NFL. Super smart of the Bills to consider him as a LB in the scheme they play. We are able to assess  the D and say the Hail Mary was dreadful otherwise they made plays when they had to. Certainly not a great performance and some concerns but sealed the W. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Wow, did not even think it was pronounced like that. Thanks.

Buddha Boy was my nickname for my brother when we were kids.

Not sure what you mean--Pff gave low ratings to Poyer, is that what you are saying?

You are comparing Mike Edwards’ time before he was in the bills system to poyers time in the bills system which isn’t apples to apples. 

poyer was frequently in the mid to high 50s in pff score with Cleveland before he came to Buffalo and wasn’t really thought of as a big time signing either at the time.  They were lookin at him as safety depth…I think he played corner for Cleveland though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

12 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You are comparing Mike Edwards’ time before he was in the bills system to poyers time in the bills system which isn’t apples to apples. 

poyer was frequently in the mid to high 50s in pff score with Cleveland before he came to Buffalo and wasn’t really thought of as a big time signing either at the time.  They were lookin at him as safety depth…I think he played corner for Cleveland though 

Okay, but for Edwards we cannot compare his past ratings with his rating for the Bills, as he has not played at all.

If the Bills thought he could really improve, be a starter--they have been around 2 excellent starters the last 5+ years, know something about it--Edwards would be starting.

The Bills have been able to get what have appeared to be middle of the road players, at best, and turned them into starting quality, high caliber defensive backs time and time again under McDermott.  So, for now, they seem to have no confidence that Edwards can be one of those guys. I was not impressed with the signing, thought he should not be a starter this year, despite the praise heaped on him from some media, especially Brown and Tasker on One Bills Live.

Edited by Mister Defense

Just now, ProcessImproverMan said:

Allen leaped Baker and made him look to be a fool...

Dude would still be an improvement though and he could learn a lot practicing against Superman every week. 

Come on!!  Because Allen leapt over Bubba that somehow diminishes him in your eyes?

I hope not.

56 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Okay, but for Edwards we cannot compare his past ratings with his rating for the Bills, as he has not played at all.

If the Bills thought he could really improve, be a starter--they have been around 2 excellent starters the last 5+ years, know something about it--Edwards would be starting.

The Bills have been able to get what have appeared to be middle of the road players, at best, and turned them into starting quality, high caliber defensive backs time and time again under McDermott.  So, for now, they seem to have no confidence that Edwards can be one of those guys. I was not impressed with the signing, thought he should not be a starter this year, despite the praise heaped on him from some media, especially Brown and Tasker on One Bills Live.

I’m gonna have to agree to disagree here.  Poyer was not an impressive signing either at the time when it happened and had an injury slowed him down in camp the same thing that is now happening with edwards very well may have happened to him which is the point I was making 

you may ultimately be right that edwards isn’t good but it’s just too soon to tell anything

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sure! The Bills can’t pay him due to Cap constraints, but we the fans can. Everyone empty your pockets. 
How much we got?

You can only donate if you share in gambling interests.