Now can we get us some Budda Baker to shore up the other weak area?

19 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Who the fu** names their kid Budda?? 

Probably some politically correct crap, thinking 'Bubba' is stereotype now.

If he comes here, he is Bubba. Period.

So that does solve the problem with his real name sucking.

I do want him again now.

Or a weed smoker?🤷

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Myles Garrett.  

Make it happen - give them 2 firsts.  I don’t care.  

Whatever they want.  

Maybe not two firsts, but a one and a 2?

yes siree Bobcat Jack.

Make it happen.

McDermott has never had a lineman like that because his teams have consistently been too good to get one in the draft.  A player like that maybe is worth 2 #1s.  I convinced myself!

Josh would settle for a little less, can likely scrape by on 50 million a year or so...

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Myles Garrett.  

Make it happen - give them 2 firsts.  I don’t care.  

Whatever they want.  

You would think Cleveland definitely eats the salary with those picks.

Honestly, if you’re giving that up for a pass rusher, you go Maxx Crosby. 

IMG-0268.jpg

EDIT: It’s actually TJ Watt but he’s completely untouchable. 

Edited by Sojourner
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

You would think Cleveland definitely eats the salary with those picks.

Honestly, if you’re giving that up for a pass rusher, you go Maxx Crosby. 

IMG-0268.jpg

It will obviously never happen, but Crosby would genuinely be worth a 1st and a 2nd. 

• Agree 2

Just now, ghostwriter said:

I’m actually quite satisfied with the development of Rapp. He was all over the field against the Jets. And I think that given time, Cole Bishop will be a good starter as well. And Hamlin is great depth at the very least. Give it time.

Yes on Rapp, but Bishop likely needs more seasoning this year, should not start right away, should not be a full time starter. It would be like making Williams a full time starter at linebacker in his first year. It would likely hinder Cole's growth, or the Bills' growth..

It appears to be a pretty significant weakness, maybe as glaring as wide receiver was.

If the Bills want to go for it this year, seems like that may be too big of an obstacle to overcome. If so, they need a high caliber partner for Rap soon.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

I’m actually quite satisfied with the development of Rapp. He was all over the field against the Jets. And I think that given time, Cole Bishop will be a good starter as well. And Hamlin is great depth at the very least. Give it time.

Genuinely wonder if the concussion and adoption of the Guardian Cap had him consciously picking up his head and lining up big, impactful hits that weren't deemed penalty-worthy even to the most officious crew of all time...

I remain surprised that neither of the two hits I'm thinking of were flagged--the hits that jarred out the ball and left the WR down for a moment. Those are almost always flagged, even when properly lined up and shouldered. Rapp definitely had a different posture upon arrival this week. Really hope we see that continue. The game is great when defensive players hit hard but responsibly. (Just like it's great when a run-blocking Spencer Brown stays with his guy and absolutely pancakes him...except when they FLAG it.) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

You're not even going to give Cole Bishop a chance to get coached up and show what he can do? Why did we use a 2nd rounder on him if we're just going to delay his development?

?

Because it is pretty clear that he is a work in progress and if Bishop is a full time starter, right out of the gate, it will put the Bills at a disadvantage, the Bills should just stand pat and let that be the case?

To me, that is very nonsensical.

It would be like saying the Bills are not giving Coleman a chance to develop, are giving up on him, because they signed Cooper.

In the case of Coleman/Cooper, it would have been negligent to stand pat, to wait and hope beyond hope that he can develop much much more quickly than he is--and than is expected for a rookie wide-out in most cases.

So if you believe that, that the Cooper trade means that,  I can see why you would also believe that they should just wait, and hope beyond hope, that Bishop can immediately become the high caliber safety most hope and (still) expect him to be in the future.

That is how bad teams operate, not a team like the Bills.  If they want to win it this year, good teams have the mindset of making sure all vital positions are manned effectively--'right here, right now'. 

Bishop comes from a much different defense in college and the NFL transition is already difficult as it is.  It will likely take him a year or so to become a capable every down starter, though of course we all hope that happens today instead.

And I think you would agree: immediately starting is not always the best way to enhance development, and that more methodically developing a player does not mean you are "delaying his development". Right? And that sometimes just throwing a player into the fire immediately  sets him back considerably.

Edited by Mister Defense

The struggle for Josh the last three games is that his WRs are not able to get separation on press coverage.   It was evident with Samuel, Coleman and Hollins.   Josh is forced to run around waiting for these guys to come free....Josh needs to stand in the pocket and deliver like he did in the first three games..He needs a WR that can come free...Shakir can do it but was not available against Houston.  Cooper will help 

8 hours ago, 947 said:

Even if we got Budda, McD would just give him the Mike Edwards treatment, then talk about how complicated our Defense is and that it takes time to learn. It'd be 4 weeks after getting Budda on-board & Hamlin would still be the starter. 🤢

I agree, if we cut Hamlin right now he wouldn’t even be signed to a Practice Squad. We need at least one good safety back there.