MVS Released by Bills

Big Turk

28 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

On Monday night, Sean said he was "concerned" about Bass. What should we expect next?

What we probably see is them bring in a couple kickers, but ultimately stinking with Bass. I wish they would at least put a kicker on the PS. Maybe having that threat there, will snap Bass out of his funk. He should also be seeing a sports therapist. Maybe his teammates need to help him get laid!

Edited by sunshynman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, sunshynman said:

What we probably see is them bring in a couple kickers, but ultimately stinking with Bass. I wish they would at least put a kicker on the PS. Maybe having that treat there will snap Bass out of his funk. He should also be seeing a sports therapist. Maybe his teammates need to help him get laid!

Stinking with bass is so funny because it feels like a typo for sticking but it still works 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

What we probably see is them bring in a couple kickers, but ultimately stinking with Bass. I wish they would at least put a kicker on the PS. Maybe having that treat there will snap Bass out of his funk. He should also be seeing a sports therapist. Maybe his teammates need to help him get laid!

Winds in game in New Jersey were bad and both kickers were having issues.

He does not need a sports therapist - he needs an assistant coach with experience with kicking probably an ex-player.

His problems started when he suffered a cheap shot in game and like Josh needs to have his form adjusted.

Josh goes to such a person in off season and Bass should have worked with someone during off season but Bills need help for him and ST coach cannot.

The Pegulas have not objected to paying for extra coaches and it costs nothing to cap.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

There's a difference between being for something and not being against it, and my suspicion (based on anecdotal information) is that McD was not against Diggs's departure.  But I can't speak to whether he was affirmatively for such a move.  

Oh yea, I think they were all tired of him. And Diggs wanted out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

On Monday night, Sean said he was "concerned" about Bass. What should we expect next?

It isn’t obvious? We know Sean very well. “He knows he HAS to make those kicks” This writing isn’t just ‘on the wall’, it’s final.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Before the season, I made this argument...

Samuel and Shakir are legit NFL starters.  Between Claypool, MVS, and Coleman, we just need one to step up - just one - to have a legit starting trio of wideouts.  I thought the probability of having a competent starting group was pretty good.

Yikes!  I was wrong.  Two are now gone and the remaining guys haven't shined.  Thank god for the Amari trade!

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/15/2024 at 2:36 PM, Big Turk said:

No surprise here

MVS...we hardly knew ye...

Well they might just as well this was another player they wouldn't even try to get on the field to see what if anything he could bring to the team which i never understood . He was brought here for his speed to take the top off the opponents D which they could have used but never tried .

I hope that Brady works Cooper into the game plan more than he did MVS not sure which player is faster or has better hands but Coopers out put is definitely more consistently higher than MVS so there is that .

I guess these guys can see things that we can't, I wanted to see Shorter on the field & they still have Shaver that was active once but it seems they let these guys sit not even to attempt to put them in a game .

Some players are better when the lights go on and the Bills have let some players go that were brought in with draft capital that could have been used else where . I don't get it maybe that's why i have a different occupation .

7 hours ago, sunshynman said:

What we probably see is them bring in a couple kickers, but ultimately stinking with Bass. I wish they would at least put a kicker on the PS. Maybe having that threat there, will snap Bass out of his funk. He should also be seeing a sports therapist. Maybe his teammates need to help him get laid!

I think the last line of your post is the problem !! he use to be money and then he went out and got married & i think he may be putting his focus else where instead of on his job .

Expending way to much energy on the home life could be the distraction, but he's young he will learn one day that although it's really good stuff you pay a very high price for it no matter what ... I just hope it doesn't cost him what could have been a very good career in the NFL !!

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/16/2024 at 4:06 PM, T master said:

Well they might just as well this was another player they wouldn't even try to get on the field to see what if anything he could bring to the team which i never understood . He was brought here for his speed to take the top off the opponents D which they could have used but never tried .

I hope that Brady works Cooper into the game plan more than he did MVS not sure which player is faster or has better hands but Coopers out put is definitely more consistently higher than MVS so there is that .

Yeah I’m with you. Cutting him is needed now, but before the Cooper trade, they could’ve at least used him more down the field. I really don’t get this coaching staff.

On 10/16/2024 at 11:02 AM, hondo in seattle said:

Before the season, I made this argument...

Samuel and Shakir are legit NFL starters.  Between Claypool, MVS, and Coleman, we just need one to step up - just one - to have a legit starting trio of wideouts.  I thought the probability of having a competent starting group was pretty good.

Yikes!  I was wrong.  Two are now gone and the remaining guys haven't shined.  Thank god for the Amari trade!

I thought so too.  Even more shocked they aren't doing more, given we're running the ball so well.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Jukester said:

Yeah I’m with you. Cutting him is needed now, but before the Cooper trade, they could’ve at least used him more down the field. I really don’t get this coaching staff.

They did...Allen and MVS couldn't connect.   How many times do you think they will throw downfield in a game?

On 10/15/2024 at 10:41 PM, JBI$111 said:

Beane's track record with receivers has been pitiful, whether it be in free agency or picking them in the draft, which for 7 years he rarely has done unfortunately unless they're in the late rounds. Diggs, being the exception... but he was already a proven commodity so it wasn't like Beane was betting on his own instincts and ability to rate talent on whether a receiver would be good or not like in the draft (that has not really happened, except with Shakir who has been pretty decent and consistent last year and so far this year).

Yeah, except for that Pro Bowl WR Diggs he's been pitiful. Oh yeah, and don't forget about Shakir. He's decent. But minus those two, he's been pitiful. Oh, and then Cole Beasley. Minus those three he's been bad. Brown was pretty good, and produced. So minus those four, he's been pitiful.  🙂 

• Like (+1) 1