MVS Released by Bills

Big Turk

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I wonder if he asked to be let go?

otherwise, I don’t like this move.

a depth LB would have made more sense IMO

He shows up in the playoffs.  Hoping we don’t have to face him 

Do you remember last year's playoffs when we had NO depth LBs and had to bring back Klein to face Mahoes and Kelce?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, JBI$111 said:

Yes, meaning acquiring him in the offseason and not being able to figure out even in a small way how to use him this year.

Got ya and agree. But if Josh hits even one of the two deep balls it could have been a bit different story. Your overall point on his lack of use is fair as he didn’t get a bunch of targets.
But he was a late FA at a nominal cost. He may have asked for his outright release or possibly will go back to the practice squad? But likely he’s done as a Bill 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

I did not know that.

But I assume Beane can fire McDermott, as he is the GM?

No, Beane can not fire McDermott. 

Only Pegula could at the start, now with Pegula seeming to take a less active role and Kim out of the picture, it's possible that one of the high-up executives at OBD now has that power, unclear on that point.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

MVS was needed to be a deep X threat...... Has the speed but maybe wasn't able to grasp the O nuances/concepts. Hell if I know but glad they picked up Cooper. Hopefully he can fit quickly.   ..

Edited by Kornfed

2 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Meaning MVS? What pick ? He was 2.2 M against the cap, certainly worth the risk. He didn’t work out, but Josh missed him twice in long passes where he may have scored. One of multiple off season moves. Some work and don’t. 

I believe MVS was nursing injury for a good stretch of training camp. He simply did not get the chemistry with Allen.  

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Only Pegula could at the start, now with Pegula seeming to take a less active role and Kim out of the picture, it's possible that one of the high-up executives at OBD now has that power, unclear on that point.

With Sean, I’m positive it’s Terry’s call.   There’s no way that he lets someone else fire his head coach 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think ultimately only Terry could take the decision. He is so close to both guys I don't think there is any way he lets someone else fire them. If they get to the point where they think they need regime change (either HC, GM or both) it would have to be Terry's call. Possibly Pete Guelli as the guy running the business day to day would have some input but the way the Bills list their execs on the website I think it's telling that Beane, McDermott and Guelli are displayed on the same level. My guess is none of them have the power to fire the other. 

10 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Beane was desperate. I firmly believe He was forced to trade Diggs by McDermott and he was desperate to add any talent he could.

If there was anyone in the organisation lobbying for Diggs to be moved (other than Diggs himself of course) it was Allen, not McDermott.