Group eying a minority stake in Bills includes Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I want to buy a stake.  Is there a Groupon?

House can loan you the cash, 

🤣

13 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Yeah...leases are unbreakable. 

Listen, in my head I know this is true and they are minority shareholders so it doesn't matter.  However, there is a large part of me that hated the specter of Toronto for so long and one of the best things about TP buying the team is all that crap went away.  Well now TP is inviting it back so he can cash out a little.  Fantastic. I'm thrilled.

Except.. he's not inviting it back. It's something you've made up in your head.

Tracy McGrady played for Toronto from 1997-2000. He's since played for Orlando, Houston, New York, Detroit, Atlanta, and San Antonio. He lives in Florida.

Vince Carter played for the Raptors last in 2004. He's since played for New Jersey, Orlando, Phoenix, Dallas, Memphis, Sacremento, and Atlanta. Also.. Florida.

Jozy Altidore is the only one who has a recent connection to Toronto. He also doesn't live there. He's in Mexico, but he and his wife have a home in.. you guessed it.. Florida.

What leads you to believe they have more interest in moving the team to Toronto than anyone else?  It would make more sense be worried about them having a very minor stake (if they even can afford the 500 million for a full 10% stake without help) and moving the team to Jacksonville after the Jaguars move to London.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Except.. he's not inviting it back. It's something you've made up in your head.

Tracy McGrady played for Toronto from 1997-2000. He's since played for Orlando, Houston, New York, Detroit, Atlanta, and San Antonio. He lives in Florida.

Vince Carter played for the Raptors last in 2004. He's since played for New Jersey, Orlando, Phoenix, Dallas, Memphis, Sacremento, and Atlanta. Also.. Florida.

Jozy Altidore is the only one who has a recent connection to Toronto. He also doesn't live there. He's in Mexico, but he and his wife have a home in.. you guessed it.. Florida.

What leads you to believe they have more interest in moving the team to Toronto than anyone else?  It would make more sense be worried about them having a very minor stake (if they even can afford the 500 million for a full 10% stake without help) and moving the team to Jacksonville after the Jaguars move to London.

These 3 do not have $500 million between them...

but I agree, they can't move the team to Toronto.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

but I agree, they can't move the team to Toronto.

McGrady and Vince Carter, I think could be damn close. 

Their combined on court earnings are just shy of 300 million. 

Not to mention any sponsorship deals that they both signed

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

Let's just say they have double that and spent none of it, paid no taxes, etc etc. They'd have 600 million between them and they'd be investing 83% of all of their worth in a single investment. Even one as solid as the NFL.. that's unlikely.

As an aside since this conversation was initially about concerns of them moving the team, the NFL already said there is no 'voting' rights or anything else like that.

Edited by Malazan

57 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

possibly if they have, in cash.

, every dollar they ever made, pls another 150 million or so.  The other guy is a US soccer player…..

point is they don’t have to buy a certain %.  Pegula will take whatever he can get so, in addition to the  PSLs, he won’t have to pay a dime for the new stadium out of the family lifestyle funds 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Brady alone must have near or more and is gonna make almost what they’re worth in the next 10 yrs.

They are not the type of athlete I think of when hearing about them being considered for ownership.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

uh oh. Welcome back to the Toronto series!! 😁

No joke, minority owners can be a real PITA.  This is JBJ redux.  Give Jozy Altidore a FG kicker tryout....

5 hours ago, Malazan said:

Nope! Fans still not allowed.

They closed that loophole after GB.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

3 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Those three don't seen to have the personal worth that can pull this off. I would expect billionaires would be who they are looking for.