Damar Hamlin

Savage

34 minutes ago, vincec said:

Rapp was better than fine last night. Gives me hope that he might actually turn into a solid starter with a better partner.

Safety is all about partnerships. You need a solid guy in the other role. His rookie year showed he has the talent to be a starter in the league. His final 2 years in LA were solid too. 

His best years came with:

Eric Weddle in 2019

Jordan Fuller in 2021

Nick Scott in 2022

Ironically for us, the latter 2 partners he had are both in Carolina right now lol

Before going out injured, he also had John Johnson in 2020 who turned in a pretty good season. 

He’s actually always been a solid starter imo. Not great, not awful. Decent.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

It’s like he’s running in sand:

That play I posted in another thread. He tries to shoot the gap that Bernard and Dorian are headed for. 

I saw tries because if you watch it he trips himself on the engaged teammate, gets clogged up in the play, stopping Bernard (who also played this exact snap poorly) from filling in the hole where, had he continued outside would have forced Hall back to. 

Running in sand is accurate and I think more often than not why he hesitates or tries to cheat on a decision. 

2 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

He had a really nice tackle for loss against Hall I think didn’t he? My mom told me today she thought he had a good game (not that she’s an expert) and was happy for him to be playing. I think he’s been fine outside of a few bad angles. Not great but overall, at least they’re not getting torched

Yeah, that's a fair assessment. 

In my mind, I compare him to Taron Johnson, and that's how I can see that Hamlin isn't as good as I think the Bills need.  Johnson is solid, over and over. Tight on his assignments, and I don't mean tight on his man every time, but when he gets beat he still keeps himself in the play. Solid tackler. Smart. 

Hamlin has learned the position well and really applies himself, but I don't think he has the instincts. I think that's difference between him and Johnson. 

I'm excited about Dorian Williams. He has instincts and explosive quickness. He closes so fast, and he too is a sure tackler. 

• Like (+1) 1