Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

11 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

a third round draft pick would have been here for four years and inexpensive.  They traded the opportunity to draft a young player to fit in with a young team going forward for half a season.  

a third and a seventh for cooper and a sixth.

I hate this.  

What is that pick doing for us now? We need help at receiver pronto. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

so, um, lets see if they will toss Miles Garret in also.  Total rebuild for them.  Send a 2nd?  

Imagine Myles Garrett as a Bill….?

like this trade. Didn’t complain once this season or last with DeShaun “throwing” him the ball.  Won’t upset the locker room and be a distraction. 

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 3

So on paper now

Cooper-Coleman outside

Shakir - samuel inside

Knox-Kincaid -tight end

Cook-Davis-Johnson rb

that is pretty good. I imagine next spring the defensive line is going to be the focus.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

OMG

They sent a 3rd for Cooper.  This is beyond terrible.

Dallas sent cooper two years ago to Cleveland for a fifth.

A 3rd round draft pick for a guy leading the league in drops who has questionable desire to play the game.

Just shoot me right now.  

800K, vs. absorbing a big contract makes a difference.  But I also think the Browns got a steal at the time.  The Browns are a hot mess, and Amari is still a good WR.  I see this more as a Cleveland problem, than an Amari one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Heels20X6 said:

Imagine Myles Garrett as a Bill….?

like this trade. Didn’t complain once this season or last with DeShaun “throwing” him the ball.  Won’t upset the locker room and be a distraction. 

He held out all training camp and missed all OTAs. He has been testy with the mexia here in Cleveland on two seperate occasions. But you are correct he has not said anything negative about the coach or the QB

Very good news! 
Ok, which one of you soothsayers from the Dovante Adams thread is really Brandon Beane?! 

Cooper has been an exceptional WR, but his many drops reduce him imo to MVS level. He hadn’t been a ‘dropper’ in his career so I’m hoping he and Josh hit the road running. This IS a necessary addition at an affordable price! Josh’s “short week” just got shorter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

In just 15 games last year, he had 1,250 yards for 17.4 ypr. The drops issue might be a product of outliers; he was not much of a pass dropper until he got to Cleveland. In Dallas in 2020, he had 92 catches and only 3 drops.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CoopAm00.htm 

Watson throws a knuckle ball.  

• Agree 1