Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

29 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I think he is just being courteous and cautious to the fact that Cooper got to the team a few days ago and enormous expectations are going to be put on him.  Cooper had success when he was traded to Dallas in a similar situation but not the first week.

Many people have not paid attention to the details here.  When Cooper was traded to Dallas he didn't play the first week, part of that was he was in concussion protocol and the other part was they wanted to get him comfortable. 

He was traded on October 18th and didn't play his first game with the cowboys until November 5th after a Bye week.  Ironically Dallas lost in Coopers first game to the Titans at home 28-14.

So this idea that McDermott is wrong in slowing down the narrative that Cooper should show up on Wednesday and be an all pro on Sunday is completely foolish.

i have not seen one single person opine Cooper should be an allpro this sunday

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

i have not seen one single person opine Cooper should be an allpro this sunday

Well if he goes say 2 catches for 9 yards sunday and plays 20 snaps I will check back in to see the level headed responses over this concerning, McDermott, Brady and Allen.  

I hope he goes 8 for 125 and two TD's in a blowout win too but I do not expect that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Well if he goes say 2 catches for 9 yards sunday and plays 20 snaps I will check back in to see the level headed responses over this concerning, McDermott, Brady and Allen.  

I hope he goes 8 for 125 and two TD's in a blowout win too but I do not expect that.

yes using TBD reaction is always the best way of evaluating players

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

From our old friend Mike Rodak:

This is not a coincidence.  He's the opposite of Diggs 

IMO he is also currently a better WR than Diggs.  Cooper can win with a variety of routes and moves....but he can also win contested catches

Diggs in his time here, didn't have many of those 

• Like (+1) 2

Saban also said, 

“I think Amari Cooper is a great player, and I think he’ll make a huge impact with the Bills, who have a good offensive team, good quarterback, and all that...   I love the guy.  If I was coaching a team, I’d want him on my team.”

Let's hope. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 10/17/2024 at 3:34 PM, HerdMentality said:

That compensatory pick in the 5th round is an interesting point. 

Bills get a 5th and a 6th, Browns get a 3rd and a 7th.

When you factor in the Browns picks at the beginning of the rounds and the Bills picks near the end the whole deal comes down to

a mid-round 4th.

Not that bad at all IMO.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/18/2024 at 1:07 PM, MikePJ76 said:

5 targets 4 catches 66 yards 1 TD. He also opened up things for other players. Not sure on the snap counts yet.

This is what I predicted on Twitter: 20 snaps, 5 catches for 64 yards 1 TD.

I was close.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

5 targets 4 catches 66 yards 1 TD. He also opened up things for other players. Not sure on the snap counts yet.

I was close.

well hey I got the wishful thinking on the blowout right.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I was close.

A little... TOO close.

• Haha (+1) 2