Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

No, my opinion is that it was a similar trade as far as draft cost.  I don't care what the eagles do with their picks.  If they want to give up a top 100 pick for what looks to be a first round bust that is their business.  I don't root for the eagles so they could have pulled a Joey Galloway and given two firsts for dotson for all i care.

My question had nothing to do with how you feel about the eagles trade.   

6 hours ago, PoundingDog said:

I guess we have to disagree on that. 1) you know Cooper's history, but so far this season he is seen as losing a step by most accounts + age of 30. 2) how Cooper plays in Bills system and the chemistry with Josh are all unknown. 

Again, until you show them in real games, almost all coaches will stick to what they know of you. Of course they will have a backup plan now based the projection what Cooper might do in Bills uniform. I remember 2 years ago when the Bills played the Chiefs at Arrowhead where Spagnola kept blitzing Allen for great success in the first half ... until ... Allen hit Davis and Diggs for long TDs. Then not a single blitz the rest of the game. That's how the NFL coaches do - I'll add good coaches do and adjust. 

I have seen the “Cooper is losing a step” comment quite a bit.  I’m assuming DeVonte Adam’s has lost even a bit more given he’s a year older, yet I don’t see that narrative attached to him.  What’s up with that?  Happy we got the younger, cheaper WR.

Edited by Bockeye
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

trading for Jahan Dotson is very similar to trading for a proven very good WR?  I haven’t read the majority of this thread, but I noticed a couple of your takes (ie: this trade sucks- we gave up too much). 

sorry if you’ve already explained but how is trading for cooper very similar to trading for Dotson?  Other than trading draft picks for a WR.  

Well, Dotson does have 1,076 career receiving yards vs. Cooper's 9,736

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Zag20 said:

First, raising your kid as a Browns fan is borderline child abuse. Second posting them on tik tok crying is hella pathetic

I hope 15 years from now that kid beats that man's ass and posts him crying on tiktok.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/16/2024 at 11:46 AM, Billl said:

You’re being ridiculous.  Amari Cooper is a good player.  He’s not some generational superstar still entering his prime, and anyone who expects him to roll into Buffalo and become the savior (and there are a lot of you out there), is setting themself up for a massive disappointment.  

Is he going to help the team?  Absolutely.  Does his presence solve all or even most of the issues that the Bills will face this season?  Not by a long shot.  No single player would do that for any team, and if they could, they’d cost a hell of a lot more than a third round pick and $800k.  Why some of you seem to expect McDermott to put his feet on his desk, light up a cigar, and start making plans for a Super Bowl parade as if there’s no work left to be done is beyond me.  Seriously, what do you want him so say?

It's more of what I want him NOT to say.  He ties up a good part of his full response comments around "it's not about one guy" and "team is most important".  It comes off to me he's imagining and lecturing about a problem that isn't there.  I simply feel his need to emphasize this as petty, small minded and inappropriate.  If I'm Cooper reading this I'm wondering what I did to p*ss in his corn flakes?  Cooper has been a good soldier through a bad situation with the Browns, he is the opposite of Diggs.  Him fitting in with the team will not be a problem.

So McD should support the receivers in the room, say he's looking forward to have a player like Coop join the room and see how his skills will fit in and more or less keep it at that.

I agree with you about Cooper being a good player and also that he's not some massive superstar or only solution to what ails the team.  You are the one being ridiculous imagining I'm thinking all those other things you mention.

On 10/16/2024 at 4:26 PM, Billl said:

Diggs’s current age has nothing to do with the question, though.  Josh played with him in his absolute prime, so the comparison is 27 year old Stef who was a top 5 WR versus 30 year old Coop.  

Even when Cooper was in his prime, there was not one poster on this board who would have put Cooper on the same level as Diggs.  Just looking at their Approximate Value ratings from Pro Football Reference, Cooper’s career best was 11.  Diggs has ranged from 12-15 the past 5 seasons.  Cooper has had a great career, and he’s going to help the Bills, but if he were currently better than prime Diggs, he’d have cost a whole lot more than $800k and a late third round pick.  

Here i am laying on the couch, and hour deep into a gummy, with an approx IQ of 4, and someone's out here making me look smart 🤣

Thanks bro. Can you grab me the chips though?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zag20 said:

First, raising your kid as a Browns fan is borderline child abuse. Second posting them on tik tok crying is hella pathetic

That's borderline emotional abuse. Why on Earth would you show that to the world as a parent? He had to know how the kid was going to react, which is why he was filming it in the first place. Then the kid melts down and you post it anyway? Jackass. If a kid at school did that to him you'd want the school to hang him up by his toenails, but because you're (presumably) his parent it makes it ok?

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I hope 15 years from now that kid beats that man's ass and posts him on tiktok crying.

Can I help? Not 15 years from now...I'll be too old.  How about tomorrow?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

With Amari in the lineup, will teams dare to give us one high safety looks all day?

Go ahead lol or go 2 high if you want. If we can't turn the offensive skill sets we have into a chess match, than we have the wrong OC. We're capable of all styles with our personnel.

God dang do i hope this changes kincaids output too. Get Shakir back to his best application. Ascending keon is a very good #3.

Oh and Amari is ~ what Keons ceiling is. Love having a down to earth dude here to not even mentor necessarily, but at least set a perfect example

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Go ahead lol or go 2 high if you want. If we can't turn the offensive skill sets we have into a chess match, than we have the wrong OC. We're capable of all styles with our personnel.

God dang do i hope this changes kincaids output too. Get Shakir back to his best application. Ascending keon is a very good #3.

Oh and Amari is ~ what Keons ceiling is. Love having a down to earth dude here to not even mentor necessarily, but at least set a perfect example

Damn, that gummy wear off already? 15 minutes later and your posts are easily an IQ of “5”

15 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

tbh after watching Coleman now for a bit I think his comp is Keenan Allen

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Amari is not like Coleman at all....6'1" 210 4.41 40 master route runner, prototypical #1 wr drafted 4th overall in the 2015 draft......that's not Coleman 6'4" 215 4.61 40

Coleman is about the same height weight and speed as Tee Higgins and was drafted about the same early 2nd rnd pick. Higgins is a little faster 4.56.

I fully agree with your 2nd sentence.

Edited by Turk71
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Amari is not like Coleman at all....6'1" 210 4.41 40 master route runner, prototypical #1 wr drafted 4th overall in the 2015 draft......that's not Coleman 6'4" 215 4.61 40

Coleman is about the same height weight and speed as Tee Higgins and was drafted about the same early 2nd rnd pick. Higgins is a little faster 4.56.

I fully agree with your 2nd sentence.

While what you said may be true, giving Keon a mentor who has been there and done that will only help him. Sure they’re not carbon copies of one another but do keep in mind that some things are universal and will translate to Keon’s game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

It's more of what I want him NOT to say.  He ties up a good part of his full response comments around "it's not about one guy" and "team is most important".  It comes off to me he's imagining and lecturing about a problem that isn't there.  I simply feel his need to emphasize this as petty, small minded and inappropriate.  If I'm Cooper reading this I'm wondering what I did to p*ss in his corn flakes?  Cooper has been a good soldier through a bad situation with the Browns, he is the opposite of Diggs.  Him fitting in with the team will not be a problem.

So McD should support the receivers in the room, say he's looking forward to have a player like Coop join the room and see how his skills will fit in and more or less keep it at that.

I agree with you about Cooper being a good player and also that he's not some massive superstar or only solution to what ails the team.  You are the one being ridiculous imagining I'm thinking all those other things you mention.

I agree. I didn’t like the tone McD had. Petty is a good word to describe it.

3 hours ago, Zag20 said:

Seriously.

"I'm going to go tell something to my child that's going to upset him.... ooh, let me grab my phone and make sure I record his reaction so I can exploit his sadness for clicks"

Real solid stuff, "Dad"