Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

OMG

They sent a 3rd for Cooper.  This is beyond terrible.

Dallas sent cooper two years ago to Cleveland for a fifth.

A 3rd round draft pick for a guy leading the league in drops who has questionable desire to play the game.

Just shoot me right now.  

You don't think, at the time, his 5-yr $100M extension with $60 guaranteed had anything to do with the compensation the Browns gave back? 

Edited by HansLanda
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Process said:

Not going to lie this is wayyy more than I thought it would take to get him. It does kill the excitement a bit but we had to do something. 

No way this is highway robbery. The bills have a 30 year old in his prime very good WR for under a $1M cap hit and no future guarantees and all it really cost them was a 3rd rounder???

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, Process said:

Not going to lie this is wayyy more than I thought it would take to get him. 

3rd rounder due to Coopers low salary... there were only a couple of needle movers who Beane could fit into the cap, AC is one of them. Really like the fit as a true X who can now allow Coleman to play the #2 and move inside some and Shakiir to be the main slot. Fit is perfect.   

I also think Buffalo would get a future Comp pick if they don't resign Amari this year, which could easily end up being a 3. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, mushypeaches said:

Or, you could see it as a guy who has been stuck trying to catch passes from DeShaun Watson the past two seasons and would like to be on a winning team

A 3rd round pick is just about right when you don't have to pay the guy this year, and he's not under contract for next year either

he was on a winning team in Dallas after being traded from a lousy raiders team.  They dumped him for a fifth round pick because he didn't want to play hurt and didn't give it maximum effort.

Dallas basically kicked him off the team after he basically played half hearted in a playoff game vs SF two years ago.  The staff was livid and just wanted him out of the building.  He was on a team with Dak, Lamb and Gallup.  Played inside a dome.  

I just hope he doesn't show up in Buffalo and pout and all of a sudden turn up with some nagging injury.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

OMG

They sent a 3rd for Cooper.  This is beyond terrible.

Dallas sent cooper two years ago to Cleveland for a fifth.

A 3rd round draft pick for a guy leading the league in drops who has questionable desire to play the game.

Just shoot me right now.  

Would you rather stay the course and do nothing - he is getting thrown the ball from Watson while Dorsey calls the plays- not jumping over the moon or anything but it's definitely a weapon we didn't have and can help on the outside 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2