Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

52 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

If Baker Mayfield can get ready to run an offense in a couple days, Amari Cooper can get ready to run routes in a couple days.

Come On ! Sean, you’re really starting to chap my @$$.

yea, frankly the play call can be “spider 2 y banana Amari 7 yard dig route on the right side of the field” for all I care 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HansLanda said:

I think he is going to play early and often- has to. Wonder if Keon has far fewer snaps. 

It seems to me it will take Brady a while to look up Amairi's film and fit him totally in.

Not sure what the WR roles will be once that happens.

It would be nice for Cooper to help some with Keon's development.

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Amari won't start in my opinion, but he will get snaps Sunday.

I mean, aside from the 1.5 targets MVS got per game, the WR corp Sunday is basically intact plus Cooper. Give him MVS' targets and Hollins' targets this first game and use Hollins as a blocker. Probably wouldn't take him more than 10 minutes to prep for that. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

It seems to me it will take Brady a while to look up Amairi's film and fit him totally in.

Should have been on that the moment they found out Cleveland were serious about trading him. 

Should have been that way for every and any guy they were scouring the league for, no?

Plenty of film on these guys to know how you can utilize them best. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I think Cooper allows Brady to run 12 personnel more often with much more flexibility.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sojourner said:

Should have been on that the moment they found out Cleveland were serious about trading him. 

Should have been that way for every and any guy they were scouring the league for, no?

I'm not sure there is time for that during the season.  IMO.

Mack Hollins got the most snap last night. Think about it. Mack Hollins, a recongnized ST player in the league and played that role for the Bills.

Cooper will play the X whenever he steps on to the field in Bills uniform. That will push Coleman into Hollins' role, with Hollins rotating in to spell either one. That is the ideal scenario. In the short term though, Hollins may still get more snaps than Coleman. I actually wondered about the 2 TDs Hollins had so far: all from cover 0 defensive look in mid redzone where Hollins lined up inside. Coleman would flourish in those scenarios, being that he's better receiving skills than Hollins, just needing to build up the mental part of the game like reading the defenses. Last night the final Josh throw that went off Hollins hand would have a better chance being caught by Coleman.

I don't think Cooper is HOF worthy. That's why I said he's not at Von's level. What I mean is that he is going to play at a HOF level for the Bills (winning one-on-one at a very high rate, beating double teams at some critical moments), not very likely now that he's 30 and so far this year not even on par with what he has done in the past. What he can provide is to draw enough attention from defense to the outside so our main weapons in the middle can operate with more open room. Beane and Co. had hoped MVS would give us that ...    

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Plenty of time. 
They employ 700+. I can guarantee you that any team worth their salt pulls a scout or a film guy to collect as much tape as they can on a guy they are targeting via a trade. 

Every team collects and breaks down their opponents every single week for tendencies, matchups and tells they can capitalize on.

Theres no way they don’t allocate resources that actively help facilitate bettering their team in the moment. 

Or maybe I’m just a batsht crazy moron. 

Probably the latter. 

Edited by Sojourner
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Resurrect?   He had 1250 yards last year👌

It's an interesting situation, he's been really good but due to team situation he's never really been that guy that really stands out across the league as a WR. Now at 30 he might just have a narrow window to do something insane.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I don't think he plays against the Titans, personally. Just doesn't seem like the Bills would rush him onto the field.

Simply a McDermott thing🤷

13 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I don't think he plays against the Titans, personally. Just doesn't seem like the Bills would rush him onto the field.

How about sitting Samuel and letting his toe heal?🤷

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's an interesting situation, he's been really good but due to team situation he's never really been that guy that really stands out across the league as a WR. Now at 30 he might just have a narrow window to do something insane.

he was lost in the news black hole that was Cleveland 

when he was in Dallas he was getting that attention 

heck, in Oakland he got that attention. 

he was a top 5 pick and 5 time pro bowler 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PoundingDog said:

Mack Hollins got the most snap last night. Think about it. Mack Hollins, a recongnized ST player in the league and played that role for the Bills.

Cooper will play the X whenever he steps on to the field in Bills uniform. That will push Coleman into Hollins' role, with Hollins rotating in to spell either one. That is the ideal scenario. In the short term though, Hollins may still get more snaps than Coleman. I actually wondered about the 2 TDs Hollins had so far: all from cover 0 defensive look in mid redzone where Hollins lined up inside. Coleman would flourish in those scenarios, being that he's better receiving skills than Hollins, just needing to build up the mental part of the game like reading the defenses. Last night the final Josh throw that went off Hollins hand would have a better chance being caught by Coleman.

I don't think Cooper is HOF worthy. That's why I said he's not at Von's level. What I mean is that he is going to play at a HOF level for the Bills (winning one-on-one at a very high rate, beating double teams at some critical moments), not very likely now that he's 30 and so far this year not even on par with what he has done in the past. What he can provide is to draw enough attention from defense to the outside so our main weapons in the middle can operate with more open room. Beane and Co. had hoped MVS would give us that ...    

Fair, I thought the same thing for the most part. I’m very intrigued as to what we do in the passing game around the goal line. That’s really been the best part of Hollins’ game. Do they just remove him completely andhope Coleman makes it work or split that look against zero between the 2? I’m not so confident that the drop was a better chance for Keon… he’s had some absolute bread basket balls go through his hands. 

Yeah, I agree. He’s not HOF but he’s not far off that pedigree imo. He’ll still win his fair share of moments that are critical. The outside/deep threat is what we lacked sorely, shame MVS didn’t show up. 

Think this is good things all around for the offense. 

Thanks for the share

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, RkFast said:

“First and foremost we believe in the receivers that we already have in the room," head coach Sean McDermott said. "We'll see when Amari gets here and how we can get him up to speed and get him integrated into what we do and how we do things. It's never about one guy. We're thankful to have him, but it's never about just one guy. It's about the team, so we're anxious to get him on board here and get rolling."

Good ole McPetty. Five snaps in Week 10 incoming.  

Sure you do... that's why you traded for Cooper. His loyalty bullcrap is getting old. I get it, but don't deprive talent over it. Cooper is now the best WR in that room, play the man

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, T.E. said:

McDermott is already being a wet blanket because Beane didn't try to pick up a ninth rotational DT.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sean-mcdermott-on-amari-cooper-well-get-him-up-to-speed-and-see-how-he-fits-in

Imo he’s overtly playing off how excited he is, as not to pencil Amari in over other existing roster players.  Read between the lines on this one.  “We have players in the building who…” nope.   He wants to keep everybody happy, but the wet-blanket act is just that imo.  Amari coming in and taking the #1 spot because we have nobody capable of doing so until proven otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I mean, the guy has been a prominent NFL starter for years. Anyone working in football should have a pretty good idea what he can do.

• Agree 1