Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

24 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

McDermott is wondering if he’s worth dressing over a 4th ST coverage guy. We are the only team in the league wasting spots on ST only guys and we suck at STs. McDermott just existing in a world where all his instincts are wrong and a HOF QB bails him out weekly 

After your four hundred posts excoriating him no matter what the topic is, some people are going to suspect that you don't like Sean McDermott. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Having read the whole thread, love the trade but not such a fan of releasing MVS. Have a feeling he'll come back to haunt the Bills, but admit I'm in the minority there.

I agree with you.  He’s a proven playoff performer. IMO there’s about 6 other players who should have been released way before him. Unless he requested it?  

Hoping he doesn’t go back to KC

he’s done nothing here because the staff believes Mack Hollins is a better deep ball option. Total insanity IMO

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Evansfan322 said:

My main question is do we sign him to a new contract or let him play for nothing? Because he is playing for next to nothing and he has nothing to play for

Cooper's playing for his next contract either in Buffalo or for the next team and going to want to perform. He has a lot to play for mainly to get the last big bag

If Cooper chooses to sign somewhere else for say 20+mill Bills will get a comp pick back 3or4or5th anyway? Really lowers the risk of the trade from a compensation aspect.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Seriously, what the literal F was that?  If he doesn’t see the field for 3 weeks, don’t be shocked.  If he doesn’t, just fire McClappy.

Not Coach Speak ? 

of course they put him on the field

McD  " Well he really acclimated quickly to our system , we're not surprised. "

28 minutes ago, Evansfan322 said:

My main question is do we sign him to a new contract or let him play for nothing? Because he is playing for next to nothing and he has nothing to play for

Yeah, that's not how veteran NFL players work. Especially vets in a contract year. If he mailed it in, that effects his money and potential suitors next year. Especially with us.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I agree with you.  He’s a proven playoff performer. IMO there’s about 6 other players who should have been released way before him. Unless he requested it?  

Hoping he doesn’t go back to KC

he’s done nothing here because the staff believes Mack Hollins is a better deep ball option. Total insanity IMO

I don't mind keeping Hollins. I'd prefer releasing someone from a other position - admittedly I have no idea who.

11 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Cooper will be the best version of himself because with Allen’s skill set, and the receiver room needing a legitimate #1, he can resurrect his career in short order.

Resurrect?   He had 1250 yards last year👌

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I don't mind keeping Hollins. I'd prefer releasing someone from a other position - admittedly I have no idea who.

We don't know whats happening in the locker room. MVS might have been unhappy with his role and making noise about it. 

Just now, Low Positive said:

We don't know whats happening in the locker room. MVS might have been unhappy with his role and making noise about it. 

Yea. Prob just not gonna dress a guy that won’t play. Doesn’t play ST. Prob saving some $ 

17 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Having read the whole thread, love the trade but not such a fan of releasing MVS. Have a feeling he'll come back to haunt the Bills, but admit I'm in the minority there.

Whatever football Siberia he ends up in probably isn't relevant to the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ScottishBills said:

Love this trade, assuming reasonable price. Just about good enough to open up the field a bit for the underneath stuff Brady likes

At this point who cares about the price… We need someone to help us salvage the season otherwise we’re screwed with the crew we have out there now 

• Haha (+1) 1