Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

The value issue is his age and he is here for 11 games.  Thats a lot to give up for less than a one season rental.   The contract is what makes it “worth” it.  It’s a gamble to win now, just hope it works.

Yeah for 20+M a year FYI

I believe they get a comp 3rd likely if he leaves in free agency.  There’s little no gamble here it is an absolute no brainer 

Your logic is also a bit odd to me personally but that could be a how I look at it thing lol  you’re picking him up for the playoff push.  6 regular seasons games he missed really don’t effect the value proposition at all imo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

From Wikipedia:

"Cooper is an avid chess player. He was first captivated by the game as an elementary school student in northwest Miami, and as a football player, he relates chess strategies to his play on the field. He played in Chess.com's BlitzChamps, a rapid tournament for NFL players, and came in second place behind Chidobe Awuzie."

I regret to inform you that Mac Hollins is a higher rated chess player than Cooper . . .

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I believe they get a comp 3rd likely if he leaves in free agency.  There’s little no gamble here it is an absolute no brainer 

Your logic is also a bit odd to me personally but that could be a how I look at it thing lol  you’re picking him up for the playoff push.  6 regular seasons games he missed really don’t effect the value proposition at all imo 

The games don’t matter, it’s the lack of time in the system that’s a concern, especially with McDummy making it a point to tell us all not to expect anything from him before he gets here.  I won’t be shocked if he see the field less than Hollins for the remainder of the year.

The comp pick is a fair point, but if Edmunds didn’t get us a 3rd, I find it very unlikely Cooper will.

Edited by DCofNC
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, T.E. said:

McDermott is already being a wet blanket because Beane didn't try to pick up a ninth rotational DT.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sean-mcdermott-on-amari-cooper-well-get-him-up-to-speed-and-see-how-he-fits-in

For somebody who spontaneously claps regardless of the context, he really makes a point to sit on those sanctimonious hands here. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BRH said:

I think this bears repeating.  

You can no longer evaluate the Worthy/Coleman situation without realizing that the Chiefs basically gave us Amari Cooper.  

In getting Worthy, the Chiefs gave up the third rounder they could have used to trade for Cooper. 

so now we have Keon and Cooper, and the Chiefs have Worthy and their ***** in their hand. 

I really am beginning to like you

7 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

The games don’t matter, it’s the lack of time in the system that’s a concern, especially with McDummy making it a point to tell us all not to expect anything from him before he gets here.  I won’t be shocked if he see the field less than Hollins for the remainder of the year.

The comp pick is a fair point, but if Edmunds didn’t get us a 3rd, I find it very unlikely Cooper will.

This is like scooby doo where they pull the mask off and figure out who the villain is 😂. You just hit me with the surprise ‘this was a mcd bashing convo all along!’ Lol 

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

For those that think that the Bills overpaid, just imagine how you would feel if the Chiefs had traded for Cooper for a 3rd. 

A 3rd swapped for a 6th works for me, tossing in a future 7th is not that consequential given that the Bills likely are going to be consistently getting comp picks due to losing players in free agency as that happens to teams that consistently draft well and find players in free agency. Cooper also will possibly count towards a comp pick that could be in the 3-4 round range so the Bills can continue to recoup that capital down the line making the cost even more minimal.

The Bills also picked a good year to sacrifice some capital to add a big piece as the Bills have a ton of picks in this up coming draft. They have their own 1st but also two 2nds and two 4th round picks with comp picks incoming including one projected to be an additional 4th rounder. That's in addition to once again having three 6th round picks and adding another comp pick in the 5th round by some projections. This trade really gives the Bills an amazing chance to contend this season and when you have a ton of draft capital using it to make a season truly viable is a great use of draft capital. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, QCity said:

If this is the end of "everyone eats" I'm all for it.

Shakir, Cooper, and Kincaid should never rotate off the field.

"Everyone eats" should still be the mentality. But now there's a guy out there in Cooper who has the appetite and ability to eat a lot efficiently. The acquisition of a boundary WR who can consistently break out against single man coverage allows the Bills to counter one high safety looks. Then if teams try to go two high to prevent big plays to Cooper and make Josh dink and dunk then the Bills can work the middle of the field brilliantly and run the ball which they are set up to do. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

Cooper will be the best version of himself because with Allen’s skill set, and the receiver room needing a legitimate #1, he can resurrect his career in short order.

On Christmas Eve last season he had 265 yards receiving from Joe Flacco

he has 4 career 200+ yard games

only Megatron has more with 5

Feed COOOOOP

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1