Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

5 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

OMG

They sent a 3rd for Cooper.  This is beyond terrible.

Dallas sent cooper two years ago to Cleveland for a fifth.

A 3rd round draft pick for a guy leading the league in drops who has questionable desire to play the game.

Just shoot me right now.  

Hold still....

• Haha (+1) 11

4 minutes ago, T.E. said:

McDermott is already being a wet blanket because Beane didn't try to pick up a ninth rotational DT.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sean-mcdermott-on-amari-cooper-well-get-him-up-to-speed-and-see-how-he-fits-in

Good thing McD doesn’t run our offense. If he played defense it would be weeks before he dressed.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Billl said:

In the 2022 draft, Beane traded up for CB Kaiir Elam.  Last season, Beane traded a third round pick for CB Rasul Douglas.  Then he prioritized getting that third round pick back, so he traded his first round pick to the Chiefs plus a fifth rounder for pick 32 and a third rounder.  The Chiefs drafted WR Xavier Worthy, and the Bills drafted WR Keon Coleman.  

6 weeks into the season, Beane has traded his third round pick for WR Amari Cooper.  This is a wild ride.

I think this bears repeating.  

You can no longer evaluate the Worthy/Coleman situation without realizing that the Chiefs basically gave us Amari Cooper.  

In getting Worthy, the Chiefs gave up the third rounder they could have used to trade for Cooper. 

so now we have Keon and Cooper, and the Chiefs have Worthy and their ***** in their hand. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

essentially diggs for cooper and moved up a round but lost the offseason - cap a wash more or less 

Right. It's like Diggs went on IR for six games, saw the error of his diva ways, and returned a team player--and a year younger. Meanwhile, the Browns, feeling unaccountably generous to its neighbor up north, decided to trade one of their second-round picks for our third next year for no particular reason.

Beane is a genius. 

1 hour ago, notpolian said:

So I apologize, been out of pocket all day.  I'm sure this has already been done, but what is the final tally including Diggs and Cooper trades going forward/ignoring 2024 pick to Texans?

Out the door

MVS - big positive 

Diggs

2025 5th round pick to Texans

2025 3rd round pick to Cleveland 

2026 7th round pick to Cleveland 

In the Door

2025 2nd round Vikings pick (from Texans)

2026 7th round pick from Cleveland 

Amari Cooper 

Is that right?  Basically moving up from late 3rd to late 2nd next year, giving up a 5th next year and exchanging Diggs for Cooper.  I'm good with that.  Cooper's contract is perfect for this year.  I'm unconcerned with Cooper's contract wherever he plays next year - deal with next year next year.

Bills get a 2025 6th from Cleveland

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BRH said:

You can no longer evaluate the Worthy/Coleman situation without realizing that the Chiefs basically gave us Amari Cooper.  

In getting Worthy, the Chiefs gave up the third rounder they could have used to trade for Cooper. 

so now we have Keon and Cooper, and the Chiefs have Worthy and their ***** in their hand. 

let’s wait until the playoffs before we declare them to have that in their hand 

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't see a significant difference in immediate impact of taking Coleman off vs Hollins off. Neither is winning outside. Is there a long term benefit to exposing Coleman to more and letting him see how teams defend him and hopefully adjust and improve? Sure and that would be my preference. But right now they are pretty much equal level of JAG on the field.

I mean I suppose the difference is one is a ceiling vet and the other is a young rookie who is trying to develop. We’ve seen some RAC from Coleman that is encouraging, too.

From a purely route running standpoint maybe you are correct. In terms of how that would effect them in the long run, I think the optics and the actual benefit would matter to most 

• Like (+1) 1

I know this is off topic from Cooper, but am I the only one that thinks Hollins has been decent?  He has 2 TDs, he has draw a couple PI calls, is good at run blocking and ST.  He has definitely made an impact at points in most of the games.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, BufBills83 said:

I know this is off topic from Cooper, but am I the only one that thinks Hollins has been decent?  He has 2 TDs, he has draw a couple PI calls, is good at run blocking and ST.  He has definitely made an impact at points in most of the games.

He's lived up to his potential far more than Curtis Samuel has.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah and he’s slow and has like a billion drops

• Disagree 1

People decided that he was bad before the season started, mostly because he's weird. He's been exactly what I expected. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, T.E. said:

McDermott is already being a wet blanket because Beane didn't try to pick up a ninth rotational DT.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sean-mcdermott-on-amari-cooper-well-get-him-up-to-speed-and-see-how-he-fits-in

Honestly cannot believe what I just read. That is not how your HC should be welcoming an All-Pro caliber WR. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5

14 minutes ago, BRH said:

Shiba Inu What GIF by BuzzFeed

2 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

Honestly cannot believe what I just read. That is not how your HC should be welcoming an All-Pro caliber WR. 

I like how McDermott is saying that he will need to evaluate his skillset, like this guy hasn't been a prominent NFL starter for the better part of a decade.

Watch Cooper barely play on Sunday because the other guys are "more familiar with the playback at this juncture."

• Agree 2