Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

3 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Fire Beane 

Wotaguy, was supposed to pm me about this…, 🤣

30 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

Freaking Cleveland was pretty damn good until they got Watson.

Cooper was a stud last season. From the outside looking in, the Browns have quit on Watson, because he sucks. 

Will Cooper drop some passes in Buffalo? Probably, but not the amount he did in the 1st 6 games in CLE.

In my mind what's damning is that Joe Flacco came off the couch and Cleveland was pretty damn good with him. Cooper was pretty damn good with him.

So I'm willing to start with a blank slate

• Like (+1) 1

Hilarious how today ESPN continues to prove they are clowns by all the talk being 90% Adams to the Jets/ 10% Cooper to the Bills. All this talk about a 2-4 team that will struggle to even make the playoffs this year. Yet a division leading team at 4-2 makes at a minimum  an equally great if not better trade for a player and it’s all but crickets on that. 

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

And 30 million in dead cap 

Whatsa behind me, I don’t care…, 

😆

9 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Hilarious how today ESPN continues to prove they are clowns by all the talk being 90% Adams to the Jets/ 10% Cooper to the Bills. All this talk about a 2-4 team that will struggle to even make the playoffs this year. Yet a division leading team at 4-2 makes at a minimum  an equally great if not better trade for a player and it’s all but crickets on that. 

Because it’s the Jets and Aaron Rodger’s.  

36 minutes ago, VW82 said:

See my reply to big turk a couple pages ago but re-signing Cooper to a market value contract (e.g. 18-20M AAV) will likely mean having to shed even more salary than we're already slated to or not giving out extensions, etc. Like it or not, we're still on a cap cutting trend for one more year. 

Edit: and in truth, my 18-20M projection is probably low if Cooper is who we hope he'll be on this team.   

But why do we have to sign him? I see this as nothing more than a rental. If he blows it up here, fantastic for us. I hope we get a Super Bowl. If we want his services beyond this year, we can choose to sign him (or not) like any other FA WR. 

• Like (+1) 1