Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Above Average doesn't get an average of 76 receptions, 1200 yards and 7 TD's a season in Freaking Cleveland. He is still a really GOOD WR, one that can help us pretty darn quickly.

Freaking Cleveland was pretty damn good until they got Watson.

Cooper was a stud last season. From the outside looking in, the Browns have quit on Watson, because he sucks. 

Will Cooper drop some passes in Buffalo? Probably, but not the amount he did in the 1st 6 games in CLE.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This has to be the best day of his life 

The best day of your life so far…, 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

How did we materially weaken other parts of the roster? 

See my reply to big turk a couple pages ago but re-signing Cooper to a market value contract (e.g. 18-20M AAV) will likely mean having to shed even more salary than we're already slated to or not giving out extensions, etc. Like it or not, we're still on a cap cutting trend for one more year. 

Edit: and in truth, my 18-20M projection is probably low if Cooper is who we hope he'll be on this team.   

Edited by VW82

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Now look at what Beane has done in the third.

Dewayne Carter

Dorian Williams

Terrel Bernard

Spencer Brown

pretty good players.  Hopefully Cooper is great and will make me forget it cost us 3rd.

Considering his second round, maybe he should just trade down.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

he was on a winning team in Dallas after being traded from a lousy raiders team.  They dumped him for a fifth round pick because he didn't want to play hurt and didn't give it maximum effort.

Dallas basically kicked him off the team after he basically played half hearted in a playoff game vs SF two years ago.  The staff was livid and just wanted him out of the building.  He was on a team with Dak, Lamb and Gallup.  Played inside a dome.  

I just hope he doesn't show up in Buffalo and pout and all of a sudden turn up with some nagging injury.

Look what he did last season.

Browns had to use 5 QBs, were down to 3rd string offensive tackles, lost Nick Chubb, and they went 11-6 with Cooper playing a major role.

Cooper's a stud. IMHO, he pouted a bit this year because he has no chemistry with Watson. Actually, nobody has chemistry with Watson, he's a cancer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

See my reply to big turk a couple pages ago but re-signing Cooper to a market value contract (e.g. 18-20M AAV) will likely mean having to shed even more salary than we're already slated to or not giving out extensions, etc. Like it or not, we're still on a cap cutting trend for one more year.    

But that is just a guess we would even try to resign him. We could just be happy to take the 3rd or 4th round comp pick and very little changes.

Just now, DrBob806 said:

Look what he did last season.

Browns had to use 5 QBs, were down to 3rd string offensive tackles, lost Nick Chubb, and they went 11-6 with Cooper playing a major role.

Cooper's a stud. IMHO, he pouted a bit this year because he has no chemistry with Watson. Actually, nobody has chemistry with Watson, he's a cancer.

Who the hell wouldnt pout with That Assclown as QB?  I don't blame Cooper one bit!

6 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Edit: and in truth, my 18-20M projection is probably low if Cooper is who we hope he'll be on this team.   

Then you let him walk for a big $ deal and get a comp pick in return. Totally fine 

• Agree 1

One of the players I have most wanted the Bills to go after for the last two years.

Improves the weakest most undeveloped part of the team immediately and in a dramatic way.

And he will help the younguns come into their own this year and next.

Imagine Cooper's elation right now--going from one of the worst quarterbacks in the league to one of the best, a Hall of Famer, and from a team with almost zero hope of anything positive happening this year to (now) a Super Bowl contender.

The physicality shown by Buffalo on both sides of the ball in yesterday's big win did not masque the glaring need at wideout, but only confirmed it. As it made it clear that this team could be a championship team if they shore up their weakest area.

One of my favorite trades this century and it will be one of the most impactful.

Great move by Beane!

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

But that is just a guess we would even try to resign him. We could just be happy to take the 3rd or 4th round comp pick and very little changes.

Right, but the post/discussion you replied to was about re-signing Cooper. It's the opportunity cost of cap dollars given our tight cap situation that would lead to weakening other parts of the roster.

You're right that taking the comp pick alleviates that, though also leaves us again without a #1. 

6 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Then you let him walk for a big $ deal and get a comp pick in return. Totally fine 

Yes, that was my argument to NewEra. Not so much for the comp pick but just so we don't F our cap again. Offense wasn't that far away.

Edited by VW82