Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

5 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Because realistically he's going to get 18-20M AAV if he's even remotely close to what he's been the last two years. Mike Evans just got 2/41 as an example. Yes, Diggs is coming off the books but Josh is about to go from a 30M cap hit to 45M and then 60M in 26, and we can't just keep kicking that can down the road forever. At some point, Josh needs to start getting paid market rates. He's earned that. 

We also have guys like Knox, Dion, McGovern, Oliver, Rousseau, Jones, and Milano slated for big cap increases. We can look to restructure contracts again, and so maybe we can afford another 10M WR, but 18-20M is really pushing it given our cap issues.

Might be.  I didn’t think signing a 20M WR was in our future  But if he’s the missing piece and takes our team to a Lombardi or two, who cares.  We’ll see this year.  If he unlocks the O, keeping him might be best

Beane went semi all in with the von trade.  We hit the reset button 2 offseason later by trading diggs, a persona that had run its course, and may be replacing him his a bigger, faster and less expensive piece, while upgrading one round in the draft.

he can do the same thing again in 2 more years when it doesn’t work.  

Just now, dgrochester55 said:

I am not sure if Cooper is still a #1 caliber WR, but if he can create more than six inches of separation and have a pulse, he is an instant upgrade over Curtis Samuel.

He leads the league at 2.7 yards of separation according to a post about 20 something pages ago.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

I live in Cleveland and the last 2 seasons Cooper has been a beast and total pro, not a bad word from him.

He's getting older though and this year being stuck on that team has affected his attitude.   Speaking as a lifelong Bills fan, the reality of the Browns in their reincarnated era is the most depressing thing I've seen in sports.  I feel for my son and all the Browns fans.  Haslam has an excellent FO and he still continues to blow it with his stubborness about the Watson deal.

Coop may be a problem here but I doubt it.  I think he picks up previous seasons' form.  We'll see, but really a perfect fit for our needs on paper.

yep.. he has a history, but has been a pro in Cleveland.   He'll love the Bills' culture would be my guess.  lfg! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

yep.. he has a history, but has been a pro in Cleveland.   He'll love the Bills' culture would be my guess.  lfg! 

This man has played for three of the most dysfunctional organizations in the NFL and has never, ever, EVER had a quarterback remotely close to the caliber of Josh Allen.

And yet he has made four Pro Bowls, including last year.

I think we are all underselling what we might be about to see here.

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1