Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So who gets the most fantasy points from now to the end of the season?

A. Diggs

B. Cooper

C. Adams

D. Jeudy (Browns new #1 haha)

Jerry Judy plays more like Judge Judy

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

About the same age, similar size to Diggs.

Better than Diggs at this stage of their careers? I say yes.

So in the end, Beane wins! (again)

I thought so too but Cooper is actually 6'1" tall and 211 lbs.  So an iinch taller and 20 lbs heavier than Diggs.  Helps with the 50/50 sideline throws.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So who gets the most fantasy points from now to the end of the season?

A. Diggs

B. Cooper

C. Adams

D. Jeudy (Browns new #1 haha)

Probably Adams. Could definitely see Rodgers just slanging it to him for touchdowns. Don’t think the jets will be good, but the Rodgers will be looking his way

Edited by iwishitwerecolder
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

he was on a winning team in Dallas after being traded from a lousy raiders team.  They dumped him for a fifth round pick because he didn't want to play hurt and didn't give it maximum effort.

Dallas basically kicked him off the team after he basically played half hearted in a playoff game vs SF two years ago.  The staff was livid and just wanted him out of the building.  He was on a team with Dak, Lamb and Gallup.  Played inside a dome.  

I just hope he doesn't show up in Buffalo and pout and all of a sudden turn up with some nagging injury.

Depends on what kind of a contract he wants next year. It’s to his advantage to perform. 

Just now, iwishitwerecolder said:

Probably Adams. Could definitely see Rodgers just slanting it to him for touchdowns. Don’t think the jets will be good, but the Rodgers will be looking his way

I'm going with:

1. Cooper. Best QB, still a real #1.

2. Adams, for the reasons you said.

3. Diggs. I think his decline isn't steep, but a little more evident than the other two.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

I live in Cleveland and the last 2 seasons Cooper has been a beast and total pro, not a bad word from him.

He's getting older though and this year being stuck on that team has affected his attitude.   Speaking as a lifelong Bills fan, the reality of the Browns in their reincarnated era is the most depressing thing I've seen in sports.  I feel for my son and all the Browns fans.  Haslam has an excellent FO and he still continues to blow it with his stubborness about the Watson deal.

Coop may be a problem here but I doubt it.  I think he picks up previous seasons' form.  We'll see, but really a perfect fit for our needs on paper.

I'm not talking about his attitude...I'm talking about him being soft, dropping passes, and what looked to me like quitting on his team in the playoffs. 

Getting that bum MVS off the roster is a great move, though. Cooper is certainly an upgrade from him

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

How do you know that?

Because realistically he's going to get 18-20M AAV if he's even remotely close to what he's been the last two years. Mike Evans just got 2/41 as an example. Yes, Diggs is coming off the books but Josh is about to go from a 30M cap hit to 45M and then 60M in 26, and we can't just keep kicking that can down the road forever. At some point, Josh needs to start getting paid market rates. He's earned that. 

We also have guys like Knox, Dion, McGovern, Oliver, Rousseau, Jones, and Milano slated for big cap increases. We can look to restructure contracts again, and so maybe we can afford another 10M WR, but 18-20M is really pushing it given our cap issues.

Edited by VW82

35 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

You're right, let's waste another year of a star QB in his prime for a possible 3rd round receiver it will take a few years to develop. And this year is shot, I mean, 4-2 and well ahead in our division, why add talent to a position of need? Let's just bank on next year's third round.

This is an underrated aspect of team building for GMs.

It's not just simply a contest to collect talent and hit on draft picks.  You also must consider development time, and factor that into when young players are actually ready to take the reigns.

Linebacker is a position where the Brandon Beane did an A+ job.  

Terrell Bernard was drafted a year before the Bills actually needed him.  Once Tremaine Edmunds left in free agency, he had an entire year of development under his belt and immediately stepped into the MLB role.  No learning curve or rookie struggles.  And he actually played better than Edmunds ever did.

Wide Receiver is a position where Beane didn't really do enough.

Even without the unexpected Stefon Diggs fallout, he knew that Gabe Davis was likely to walk out the door.  Maybe he should have been more aggressive going up for Zay Flowers or Jordan Addison.  Instead we doubled-up on Tight End... and we really don't use both guys fully.

• Like (+1) 1

Beane had to do something. The money, compensation, and the potential of the player fits exactly in line with what we are trying to do schematically. Good trade that hopefully “unlocks” our offense.  Kudos to beane for at least recognizing that our wr corp was not meeting expectations. 

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I completely understand that.

The flip side of that is after having traded for cooper they still will have to draft a wr next year because cooper won't be here next year.

So you don’t like the trade?  Knowing that we’ll likely get a comp pick in return for losing him?

and resigning him for another season or two might be possible as well.