Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

5 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I truly don't mean to be a debbie downer as the Bills needed to get Josh more help at receiver, which they did.

But, on the other hand...don't get overly excited for this guy. He's gonna tease you and then let you down when it matters...unless it's somehow different in Buffalo.

I think that it would be foolish to think otherwise, but he's here and I hope he can fill the void that we have at X for this season

Last year, he had 5/59 against the Texans in the playoffs but that game was an all system failure for the Browns. In his previous playoff game against the 49ers when he was a Cowboy (the infamous Dak run up the middle game) he had 6/64/1..

In 2018, he went 7/106 then 6/65/1 in two playoff games with Dallas.

So yeah I don't really know what you're talking about. Can't be worse than Diggs in the playoffs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Thank god the Browns are getting rid of Cooper, who has definitely been the problem and is the anchor weighing the team down. Certainly now the QB will get better.

- h/t to a commenter on The Athletic. Made me laugh.

He was the Zemgus Girgensons of the Browns failures.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

You know what man, you're allowed to have the contrarian opinion. I respect it. But in this case the reason we had to give a 3rd is because the Browns are eating all of the money. We are paying for the low cost as much as we are the player.

Leading the league in drops is a valid concern. But that also means he is in positions where he is open enough to have the ball hit him in the hands. So that is still an upgrade on what we have at outside WR now.

Cooper is clearly an upgrade at the biggest need on our roster. No brainer move.

Also at the time of the 5th round he had a $20M contract so that’s a huge factor. Vs now essentially no cost. So that is the reason for the higher cost. Where with Adams the $$$ of the contract the Bills would not offer a 3rd to be burdened with another high $$$ WR contract. Bills get a player they need with no $$$ commitment to the future. Unless they both agree this is a good fit and a contract is offered in the off season.  At a time when Diggs is off the books. It’s a great deal for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

Last year, he had 5/59 against the Texans in the playoffs but that game was an all system failure for the Browns. In his previous playoff game against the 49ers when he was a Cowboy (the infamous Dak run up the middle game) he had 6/64/1..

In 2018, he went 7/106 then 6/65/1 in two playoff games with Dallas.

So yeah I don't really know what you're talking about. Can't be worse than Diggs in the playoffs.

Diggs playoff contributions are so wildly overrated.  Hasn’t done much of anything since that 2020 season 

chiefs usually lock him up pretty easily and he blames everyone else for it lol 

4 minutes ago, StaleFlakes said:

My only hope is Amari Cooper can have the same impact as James Lofton had with the Bills offense back in the superbowl years.

We had Reed though. I love Shakir but he’s not 83. I expect Cooper will eventually become the #1 in the eyes of the opposing defenses. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks