Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

I truly don't mean to be a debbie downer as the Bills needed to get Josh more help at receiver, which they did.

But, on the other hand...don't get overly excited for this guy. He's gonna tease you and then let you down when it matters...unless it's somehow different in Buffalo.

I think that it would be foolish to think otherwise, but he's here and I hope he can fill the void that we have at X for this season

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

I wonder if Salah's firing influenced this trade. McBean seemed content going into this season with trash receivers. Maybe Salah was a wakeup call. Sean should be feeling the heat after wasting the last 3 years of Josh's prime.

I honestly think Beane knew, with the extra draft ammo, that any moves they couldn’t make heading into the season due to the cap reset would likely be available in season before the trade deadline. 

As a result, we essentially traded Diggs, a 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th for Cooper, a 2nd and a 6th. 

And fwiw, Cooper is a legit outside threat, whereas Diggs is now more of a slot guy - all the while keeping our cap reset in tact for the future. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Have you watched the Browns this season at all? Watson is not only terrible but his passes have been completely unpredictable. 

Cooper's drop rate has never been an issue historically. 

...and when they were early in his career he has improved significantly since then!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

OMG

They sent a 3rd for Cooper.  This is beyond terrible.

Dallas sent cooper two years ago to Cleveland for a fifth.

A 3rd round draft pick for a guy leading the league in drops who has questionable desire to play the game.

Just shoot me right now.  

Are you from utica or a russian bot to sow discontent? Look at it this way.. it is really a 4th rounder, if we finish the way we have been and our draft position! Debbie Downer. He will work out just fine.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Sgt. Ski said:

Are you from utica or a russian bot to sow discontent? Look at it this way.. it is really a 4th rounder, if we finish the way we have been and our draft position! Debbie Downer. He will work out just fine.

I have made a lot of posts in this thread, feel free to read them all and get back to me.

now I will add russian bot to the tally of what I have called.

and sow discontent, give me a break.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just imagine if the Chiefs acquired Cooper for less than $1 million and a 3rd round pick. This board would have had a collective aneurysm.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 12
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I truly don't mean to be a debbie downer as the Bills needed to get Josh more help at receiver, which they did.

But, on the other hand...don't get overly excited for this guy. He's gonna tease you and then let you down when it matters...unless it's somehow different in Buffalo.

I think that it would be foolish to think otherwise, but he's here and I hope he can fill the void that we have at X for this season

Nice to meet you Debbie. How long have you been a Bills fan?

20 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I completely understand that.

The flip side of that is after having traded for cooper they still will have to draft a wr next year because cooper won't be here next year.

First, you don’t know that Cooper won’t be here. Second, we have plenty of picks we can draft another receiver with. 

Just now, Bruffalo said:

Losing nothing of value.  

disagree. This staff hasn’t used him, but he can produce.  He will go back to KC or NY with Rodgers. He has been very good and big time catches in playoff games.

Really? There wasn’t anyone else like an LB that we could have cut