Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I completely understand that.

The flip side of that is after having traded for cooper they still will have to draft a wr next year because cooper won't be here next year.

Maybe, maybe not. Lets just have this year play out and see what happens.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

We have spent our first pick in each of the last 2 drafts (a 1st and a 2nd) on pass catchers. Now we spend a 3rd. Not to mention a Pro Bowl RB and a rookie 4th rounder to back him up that showed flashes of promise last night. 

In my opinion, this should be a warning shot to Joe Brady. "We have invested in your offense. Get results for get gone".

Those investments needed to be done regardless of the OC.  We simply couldn’t continue to sign FAs to fill those rolls for cap and talent reasons.

This move is to address a short coming in the offense for a team on it’s way back to the playoffs in a piss poor division.  This was Beane saying he believes in this team and wants to give them the weapons it needs to succeed.  This is also Beane trying to fix his offseason WR FA mistakes in Samuel and MVS.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bockeye said:

And you know who didn’t get him - Chiefs!!!!   (Might be why we shipped a 3rd). 

Cooper wanted to play for a QB who wasn't a Turnover Machine 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I completely understand that.

The flip side of that is after having traded for cooper they still will have to draft a wr next year because cooper won't be here next year.

I genuinely don’t know the ins and outs of comp picks lol but I think we may get a comp pick back if cooper leaves anyway 

3 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

You're right, let's waste another year of a star QB in his prime for a possible 3rd round receiver it will take a few years to develop. And this year is shot, I mean, 4-2 and well ahead in our division, why add talent to a position of need? Let's just bank on next year's third round.

I never said they would use the third round pick for wr to be clear.  

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I genuinely don’t know the ins and outs of comp picks lol but I think we may get a comp pick back if cooper leaves anyway 

yes they will.

58 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I remember his time in dallas very clearly.  You do some research.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-growing-frustrated-with-amari-cooper-injury-issues

That articles says a lot more about Dallas, then it does Cooper.  It only reaffirms how I feel about him.  He's the anti-diva, well Dallas, you just paid Ceedee Lamb, and a you might've just gotten your wish.  Plus with Buffalo, Josh needs help, he doesn't need Amari to carry the team.  2 totally different situations. 

2 minutes ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

I wonder if Salah's firing influenced this trade. McBean seemed content going into this season with trash receivers. Maybe Salah was a wakeup call. Sean should be feeling the heat after wasting the last 3 years of Josh's prime.

I wouldn’t call it a total waste. 

IMG_9367.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2