Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

1 hour ago, KingBoots8 said:

I mentioned this earlier today as a possibility. I would like to think I willed this into existence.

….now I need Sidney Sweeney to deliver $50million USD to me wearing a bathrobe and nothing else…

I’ll whisper to her after her nap and let her know you’re interested.

Edited by Neo
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This makes a lot of sense as we didn’t have the $ or inclination for the Adams contract, but Cooper is relatively cheap, and a year younger.  He’s a three time Pro Bowler.

Now start using Samuel downfield and with Shakir in the slot, we’re ok with Kinkaid.  Cook will be back and Davis proved he’s more than capable as a #2.

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

This makes a lot of sense as we didn’t have the $ or inclination for the Adams contract, but Cooper is relatively cheap, and a year younger.  He’s a three time Pro Bowler.

Now start using Samuel downfield and with Shakir in the slot, we’re ok with Kinkaid.  Cook will be back and Davis proved he’s more than capable as a #2.

He is a 5 time pro bowler coming off of two straight 1,000 yard seasons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Zealots are all the same, regardless of religion and denomination. Gee, you think they’ll issue a fatwa? Maybe you should gone with, “Does a bear crap in the Vatican?”, instead.

I'm certainly more afraid of Catholics than bears.

But that might be because I am married to one. 🫢

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

It's been weird seeing a scumbag KC receiver in a Bills uniform. All for him being cut. 

You know the minute we cut him he goes back to KC for nothing and pulls a couple passes out of his arse in the playoffs.

Beane will stash him all year before he lets that happen.

28 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

no doubt he is the best wr on the team.  I am not questioning that.  

I also layed out that I do understand why he cost a 3rd, I get it. 

i just hate trading away top 3 picks even when we have extras.

Also I am a little nervous he shows up a few weeks from now with some minor injury and starts not practicing and then ends up questionable every week.  that is my big concern with the player.

on the field if healthy and 100% into win, he will be a big difference maker.  This team is built to run the ball and if they continue to that cooper, shakir, kincaid and the backs can make the passing game go.

I am not of this opinion to be a contrarian, if you look at my posts here you will see I am pretty consistent with my opinion on trading for wr as the savior, I have never been a fan of it and prefer to build the team in the draft.

I don't think you're just being a contrarian to be a contrarian. Feel free to defend the unpopular opinion, it's part of what makes the board interesting.

If you look over the list of 2nd/3rd round players in Beane's tenure, there is nobody there where you say "where would our team be without him?" It is far far more likely that what we lost in this trade is a somewhat decent player who won't be fully useful to the team until 2026 at the earliest (if ever) and is replaceable for like $4M at most in free agency. That is the likely opportunity cost, in exchange for filling the biggest need on our team.

We really aren't built to run the ball IMO. We have a decent, not great, IOL. Cook is very good but not elite. And we have seen in recent weeks that when the opposing defense can shut down the run and get us into 2nd/3rd and long scenarios, we have exactly zero sustainable passing plays in those situations. It is all just Allen making magic happen which is too inconsistent of a plan for a team with championship aspirations. The passing game has NOT been able to just "make it work" with current personnel.

I mean even worst case scenario is that Cooper just makes defenses worry about the downfield passing game. That alone creates a massive positive snowball effect for the rest of the offense to function. Now the role players can be role players instead of featured pieces. "Everybody eats" is so much easier when you have a single player commanding extra attention. The snowball effect of Cooper's presence is almost as important as what he himself does on the field. Give it a few weeks and I think you will come around once you see the improved product.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

all I want Allen to do is look his way and give a signal for one of 9 routes.  

He's still got enough quicks to be a devastating route runner, but I'm sort of doubtful we're going ot see him running away from people at this point.

• Like (+1) 2