Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

3 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Im not so sure he plays this week.

Remember who the Bills' head coach is?

Who CANT see McDermott going on to Sal's show Friday and blathering up some corporatefootballspeak about how Cooper needs to be acclimated into the team culture and playbook and we will see when that happens theres no timetable trust the process blah blah blah?

He’s playing but I can see him situationally only.  25 percent of snaps.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RkFast said:

Yes, read its going to be as follows:

Hollins, Mack: Yeeted into the sun.

I wonder if Buffalo Joe goes to the Practice squad tomorrow and then when oliver is back maybe they make a different move and release mvs or something.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Does MVS get cut now?  Hollins is a run blocker and Shakir is obviously safe.  

They may.  They could also cut Zion Logue if Ed Oliver is back next week (I think).  Should be interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

I just got accused of offending Catholics.

They're going to burn you at the stake.

Zealots are all the same, regardless of religion and denomination. Gee, you think they’ll issue a fatwa? Maybe you should gone with, “Does a bear crap in the Vatican?”, instead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Hopefully Allen and Cooper can get into sync pretty quickly for this weekend. We cannot drop a game against the Titans considering our schedule later on. 

The draft class for 2025 is not too deep at wide receiver so hoping Cooper pans out and we can work him in next year as a solid number one for the next couple seasons. If he can at least give us a couple good seasons (this and next) as a number one, we can fix other needed holes in a defense heavy draft (we need another stud DT, another linebacker to replace Milano and another safety because Hamlin is bad)

• Agree 1

Steep price for a 30 year old rental having a down year but we needed this. Good job, Beane! 

I'm going to assume Amari's drop issues this year (17% according to PFR!) are a fluke given he's been pretty good on high volume over his career. Josh throws bullets so no more pretend pass catchers, please. 

• Eyeroll 1

Let's goooooo!!! This will open things back up again. Everyone will benefit. Cook/Davis/Johnson, Kincaid, Shakir, Coleman, Samuel, Hollins, Knox, whoever is on the field. Most of all, Josh will benefit having a legit weapon in the WR group again. Cooper will be motivated by escaping the "Factory of Sadness" alone in itself, not having to play with Watson any more, as well as being back on a real contender. 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, NoName said:

Amari cooper is a big name but I don’t really know his game.  Can someone tell us what kind of player are we getting? His strengths and weaknesses?

Strengths

- Really good route runner

- Has more speed than Diggs 

- Very good against press coverage

Weakness

- Doesn’t always give it his all and takes plays off 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This trade will force teams to respect us.  During the Texans and ravens games teams knew our receivers weren’t legit so they just blitzed the house and forced us to trust our receivers. This trade will (hopefully) open up Shakir, Kincaid, Coleman, and hopefully even bring some life to play action. Big trade for us. Go bills baby

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

9 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Im not so sure he plays this week.

Remember who the Bills' head coach is?

Who CANT see McDermott going on to Sal's show Friday and blathering up some corporatefootballspeak about how Cooper needs to be acclimated into the team culture and playbook and we will see when that happens theres no timetable trust the process blah blah blah?

A head coach keeping his plans close to the vest so the opponents don't know what to expect?

Who ever heard of such a thing?

nice to get the reaffirmation from the guys that cover him.  

We got ourselves a star WR that can literally do it all.  Eats everywhere on the field.  And those slant routes….no more my guy Mack Hollins on the slant!

mvs get cut now?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1