Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

3 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

So do we still wanna fire Beane?

Guaranteed that the day after the Bills win the Super Bowl, some yahoo and his/her cohorts will want to fire Beane because the Bills didn't win by enough points.

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Thats not true.  Mike Fisher had the scoop the day after the niners game and over that offseason.  

They thought Gallup was going to work out for them. They didn't want to pay the $20M salary of Cooper.  If the Cowboys got rid of everyone because of a lack of effort, the Cowboys would have no players on their team.  "Scoops" happen all the time to get clicks and views.  Many of them are nonsense.

48 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

this will benefit coleman is cooper is willing to be a team guy

theres currently nobody on roster who he can learn from

Our WR room just quietly got better.

My only question is can Cooper learn to do warmups bare foot.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, wjag said:

Of course.  But knowing the playbook in a new offensive system takes time.  The terminology and philsophy will all be different.    Josh being comfortable knowing he knows the audibles, etc.  That takes time.   And the Bills figuring out how to plug him in, who loses snaps, who shifts position, etc.  All this doesn't happen because he just suits up.

I'm thrilled.  I just wonder how long it will take for him to be fully matriculated into the offense and play calling.

all I want Allen to do is look his way and give a signal for one of 9 routes.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BRH said:

He's playing next week.  What are you even talking about.  

The playbook is "get open."

Yea run fast past everyone like you’ve been doing since you were 12.

8 minutes ago, wjag said:

How long will it reasonably take for him to learn the playbook?  Six weeks?  Be nice if he could be ready in five games for KC.

He has shown from his trade to Dallas that he is smart and can pick it up right away.  When he showed up in Dallas he basically won them two games by himself immediately.  He had a monster game vs what was a good washington defense that had shut them down earlier in the year, then he helped them beat the eagles and win the division a few weeks later.

he didn't make any difference vs the rams though and only won a single playoff game in his time there which was a defensive slugfest vs seattle.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Process said:

Yea I get it. Guess I was hoping we could still get him for a 5th being a one year rental. 

Not upset. Still pumped. 

He isnt necessarily a one year rental.  What if he fits well and also likes it here. Bills could give him a 2-3 year contract.

• Like (+1) 1

Great trade just fantastic to add a quality true WR1. Cooper is also 30 so while not young he’s someone who could be here for 1-2 additional seasons playing at a high level. Bills just need to get healthy on defense and this team could be cooking

• Agree 4

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

so far in this thread I have been called a casual, told to do some research and now I am a fool.

all noted.  Thanks.

That's what happens when you keep posting utter nonsense.

Might be a good time to take a hint.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I like Cooper more than Adams.  I don’t like giving up a 3rd rounder for a rental player, however.

Who says he’s a rental? They resigned Rasul… even so, if he is a rental, his departure will factor into the comp pick formula, and they get a late 3rd back the following year.  

Bills once upon a time signed a great WR past his prime, who’d played with quite a few teams around the league, and then helped propel them to a run of 4 straight Super Bowl appearances…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1