Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Also I am a little nervous he shows up a few weeks from now with some minor injury and starts not practicing and then ends up questionable every week.  that is my big concern with the player.

He's missed a grand total of 2 games in the last 6 years.

You're just acting the fool at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 9

47 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

he was on a winning team in Dallas after being traded from a lousy raiders team.  They dumped him for a fifth round pick because he didn't want to play hurt and didn't give it maximum effort.

Dallas basically kicked him off the team after he basically played half hearted in a playoff game vs SF two years ago.  The staff was livid and just wanted him out of the building.  He was on a team with Dak, Lamb and Gallup.  Played inside a dome.  

I just hope he doesn't show up in Buffalo and pout and all of a sudden turn up with some nagging injury.

If he likes money he really doesn’t have that luxury lol 

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

Can people do a little research for once?  This guy has been in the league ten years and has never missed more than two games in a season.

Get out of here with this *****.

I remember his time in dallas very clearly.  You do some research.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-growing-frustrated-with-amari-cooper-injury-issues

1 minute ago, bills6969 said:

I like Cooper more than Adams.  I don’t like giving up a 3rd rounder for a rental player, however.

It cost a little more in draft comp because he was basically free contract wise 

a big problem with ‘renting’ anyone else would be we had to shuffle some contracts around and kick the can down the road 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

He's missed a grand total of 2 games in the last 6 years.

You're just acting the fool at this point.

so far in this thread I have been called a casual, told to do some research and now I am a fool.

all noted.  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, BRH said:

He's playing next week.  What are you even talking about.  

The playbook is "get open."

It's called "Diggs get open." - Josh Allen 2021

Edited by Doc Brown

4 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

So you think I am a casual?

Cool and noted.

I think you’re ignoring the fact that the best player in football has been surrounded by arguably the worst WR group in the history of the franchise, void of any legitimate #1.  When you have a QB like Josh, and the AFC is wide open, you don’t stand pat and hold on to what you are hoping will be the last pick in the 3rd round, bc when you have 17, THAT is the goal, a championship NOW. It is not adding a role player later that will maybe help the team what, in 2027?

Nevermind they have plenty of draft capital for next year, Amari has a super team friendly contract, they could still recoup a comp pick if he walks, and Beane has more than enough time to wheel n’ deal between now and May. Why even doubt Beane at this point? He built this team, and is the guy who drafted all the players you mentioned, he knows what he’s doing.

The trade for Rasul last year literally saved the season, and had the LB corps not been completely decimated against KC, it could’ve propelled them to the Super Bowl, as I’m assuming Beane is hoping with this move as well…

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BRH said:

He's playing next week.  What are you even talking about.  

The playbook is "get open."

Of course.  But knowing the playbook in a new offensive system takes time.  The terminology and philsophy will all be different.    Josh being comfortable knowing he knows the audibles, etc.  That takes time.   And the Bills figuring out how to plug him in, who loses snaps, who shifts position, etc.  All this doesn't happen because he just suits up.

I'm thrilled.  I just wonder how long it will take for him to be fully matriculated into the offense and play calling.