Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

4 minutes ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

a third round pick could have easily been cut in a few years. We are on borrowed time with how many elite years we have with josh allen. the bills need to be in win now mode, not trying to devise a 5 year plan. we have a ton of draft picks next year as well, and getting comp picks.

Completely agree. Josh throwing meaningful passes to Hollins is a diservace to Allen.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

5 Pro Bowls.  A 265 yard game against the Texans in December of 2023 so not over-the-hill yet.  

Decent speed (4.42), good agility & route running.  Can line up in any of the WR slots and create separation.  

Has problems with drops...  some injury issues...

What am I missing?  

He gets into the endzone. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

he was on a winning team in Dallas after being traded from a lousy raiders team.  They dumped him for a fifth round pick because he didn't want to play hurt and didn't give it maximum effort.

Dallas basically kicked him off the team after he basically played half hearted in a playoff game vs SF two years ago.  The staff was livid and just wanted him out of the building.  He was on a team with Dak, Lamb and Gallup.  Played inside a dome.  

I just hope he doesn't show up in Buffalo and pout and all of a sudden turn up with some nagging injury.

I'm not going to pretend, like this isn't a concern.  But I also think that a tight knit locker room like ours, can possibly bring out the best version.  Worth the risk.  His speed on the outside, helps us tremendously. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, appoo said:

No way this is highway robbery. The bills have a 30 year old in his prime very good WR for under a $1M cap hit and no future guarantees and all it really cost them was a 3rd rounder???

AND we still have 2 seconds!

6 minutes ago, Sabres 2025 said:

That isn't why he was traded. It was about money. They wanted to resign Michael Gallup.  Jerry Jones went on radio and explained it.  The Cowboys were actually trying to get him back this year.  Sites like Athlon Sports just make up stories for clicks and views.  

Thats not true.  Mike Fisher had the scoop the day after the niners game and over that offseason.  

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Also I am a little nervous he shows up a few weeks from now with some minor injury and starts not practicing and then ends up questionable every week.  that is my big concern with the player.

Can people do a little research for once?  This guy has been in the league ten years and has never missed more than two games in a season.

Get out of here with this *****.

• Like (+1) 2

Not a trade I would have made.  I don’t like that Cooper is 30 and will be a free agent in the offseason.  I do understand that things have gone better than the team might have expected so far and they have a legitimate shot at the division again, but Cooper does not make this team a Super Bowl contender this year and I don’t like the rental idea costing a 3rd for a chance just to win the AFC East.

Other than Shakir, the remaining WRs are not good.  Samuel might be better if he could get healthy and maybe Coleman will improve, but right now neither is contributing much.

• Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Dustin Hopkins or DeAndre Hopkins??

How about both???

Man, I wonder what would would have been with him if he didn't tweak his hamstring in camp forcing the Bills to cut him and - I think - have Carpenter as the guy for a ride?

56 minutes ago, ScottishBills said:

Love this trade, assuming reasonable price. Just about good enough to open up the field a bit for the underneath stuff Brady likes

This is just what the doctor ordered.  He's younger than Diggs & Adams. Not a diva and the kind of wr who is consistent.  He will also mentor your young guys. Beautiful move Beane.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I don't think it will, and now he'll have a veteran receiver to learn from. Shakir is a different type of wr, I feel like Coleman will learn alot from Cooper 

It is without a doubt reducing his playing time.  Without question.

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

How long will it reasonably take for him to learn the playbook?  Six weeks?  Be nice if he could be ready in five games for KC.

He's playing next week.  What are you even talking about.  

The playbook is "get open."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3